Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Jamie the Superstar!!

Everyday I take Jamie to the woods and fields and today was no different... well anyone who has had or who has an English setter will tell you that their recall abilities arent exactly great!! I always have Jamie on a long line through the woods as there are too many distractions and TBH I dont fancy going through dense woodland to chase him
Well on the way through the woods, I tripped and felt my foot slip under me and THUD down I went, lead slipping through my hand and Jamie whizzed ahead, glad of freedom again! The thought of my boy running through the woods and onto the major trunk road at the bottom scared the life out of me and I was flat on my face, my ankle so painful I was crying, I screamed "Jamie" so loudly I think the whole village would have heard me!!
My little star turned and saw me flat out and ran back, sat near me and licked my face and waited whilst I hoisted myself up, waited while I hobbled to a seat, and then calmly walked the 15mins home, even though his walk was cut in half.
My little boy is a treasure, and I think I love him even more today than before, he is a star!!:smt007 :smt007
The ankle is badly sprained and my Mum is on doggy walking duties!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Isn't it just great when something like that happens? Not your ankle of course, but I mean the fact that Jamie did you proud there, it makes you feel soooooo good I bet. Bless his little cottons, he's one super star doglet!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Aww, well done Jamie, as you say, a true superstar.

Hope your ankle recovers quickly
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Isn't it just great when something like that happens? Not your ankle of course, but I mean the fact that Jamie did you proud there, it makes you feel soooooo good I bet. Bless his little cottons, he's one super star doglet!
Yes cos usually he sooo hyper, he must have realised I was in alot of pain!! He is being such a poppet for his mummy now!! Bless him!!
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww, well done Jamie, as you say, a true superstar.

Hope your ankle recovers quickly
Thankyou!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Awwww who's a clever boy,hope he got mega treats when he got home.He's a star.I remember the same scenario with my mums Newf, only he came back and humped the life out of me
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww who's a clever boy,hope he got mega treats when he got home.He's a star.I remember the same scenario with my mums Newf, only he came back and humped the life out of me
Sorry that last bit made me laugh!! Jamie is being spoilt as he been such a good boy!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

19-09-2007, 06:09 PM
That was brilliant of Jamie coming back to you. Bet he got plenty kisses and cuddles from you when you managed to get home.

I do hope your ankle is OK - if swollen remember hot and cold compresses on it.

Big, big hugs to Jamie.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2007, 07:14 PM
well there you go, what a good boy he is!!

funny that as not so long ago my daughter and a friend too our 2 irish setters over the field and ended up in big trouble when they got stuck in some horried mud, bit like quick sand but only mud - both girls were stuck fast (they called the police to get them out, as i wasn't with them). But kenny (i think was with them) just sat down and stayed with them til the police arrived!

Well done jamie - you little star!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
That was brilliant of Jamie coming back to you. Bet he got plenty kisses and cuddles from you when you managed to get home.

I do hope your ankle is OK - if swollen remember hot and cold compresses on it.

Big, big hugs to Jamie.
Thankyou!!
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
well there you go, what a good boy he is!!

funny that as not so long ago my daughter and a friend too our 2 irish setters over the field and ended up in big trouble when they got stuck in some horried mud, bit like quick sand but only mud - both girls were stuck fast (they called the police to get them out, as i wasn't with them). But kenny (i think was with them) just sat down and stayed with them til the police arrived!

Well done jamie - you little star!
Thankyou
He is being treated like a proper superstar still!! Even in early hours when I cried out, he came up to me to make sure I was okay!! Aw bless him and its his birthday tomorrow!! So a few days pampering will make him a happy boy!!