View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:14 PM
There is a list of 97 (!) areas where dogs will not be allowed...
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/envheal...ludedareas.htm

The consultation in Manchester has closed and they will publish the results etc this week.

Their Env. Health page is interesting reading though...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Quite honestly, are they really going to spend the money paying somebody to stand in the park all day long to enforce said fine then? I don't think so!!!
Like dog wardens don't have enough to deal with... They'd need to recruit hundreds of them to patrol just the parks in Manchester...
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I have said, the money spent on this consultation and introducing it would have been much better spent going after the minorty who let there dogs roam, crap everywhere and not give a crap about them, as if they are like that anyway this new rule will not change their minds.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I may have miss-read your post, but you would not have a problem with your dogs not not having any off-lead exercise?
No you read it correctly. Id be happy to walk my dogs in public areas on a lead.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
There is a list of 97 (!) areas where dogs will not be allowed...

The consultation in Manchester has closed and they will publish the results etc this week.

Their Env. Health page is interesting reading though...

reading through the list of the 97 it seems they are excluding certain parts of these aresas. It lists very specific areas within each location. Am I reading it wrong?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:36 PM
No, it seems to be mainly "formal" gardens and picnic areas.

I'm assuming that providing you're not in one of the those specific areas you can dog-walk, but also assuming you'd have to cross check it against the list of 15 or so places your dog has to be on lead.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No you read it correctly. Id be happy to walk my dogs in public areas on a lead.
I will have to disagree with you on this one, as being able to be let off lead for a good run and exploring is the best thing a dog can do as long as they are trained to to bother other people and dogs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree Stormey, but I also think that certain places, public places, dogs could be walked on leads? Maybe I'm just lucky and have loads of countryside walks on my doorstep where you'd never think of putting a dog on a lead, and yet other places I COULD go, then it would sort of be expected of me to do just that? I don't see a problem with putting a dog on a lead to walk in certain areas, say highly cultivated parkside areas, where people walk to enjoy all the flowers etc. etc. but then they have other areas perhaps in that park where you can take the dog's lead off and then let them have a good run??

runs and hides.....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 12:42 PM
These are the 15 places where they must be kept on a lead.

Designated areas where dogs will need to be on a lead
1 Ardwick Green Park, M12 All Areas
2 Beech Rd Park, M21 All Areas
3 Bellott St Park, M8 All Areas
4 Boggart Hole Clough, Charlestown Rd, M9 Boating Lake and Fishing Pond
5 Broadhurst Park, St Mary's Rd, M40 Picnic Area
6 Fletcher Moss Gardens, Wilmslow Rd, M20 Picnic Gardens
7 Goldstone Gardens, Cheetham Hill Rd, M8 All Areas
8 Heaton Park, M25 2SW Western pleasure ground formal gardens
9 Marie Louise Gardens, Palatine Rd, M20 All Areas
10 Parsonage Gardens, St Marys, Parsonage, M1 All Areas
11 Sackville St Gardens, M1 All Areas
12 Old Parsonage Gardens, Wilmslow Rd, M20 All Areas
13 St Johns Gardens, Lower Byrom St, M3 All Areas
14 St Wilfrids Park, Chevaussut St, M15 All Areas
15 Whitworth Park, Moss Lane East, M14 All Areas

There are a futher 97 places where dogs are not allowed to go such a sports areas within smaller parks. As i put to the council, responsable owners dont let there dogs off in these places anyway, and ones who do will not stop because of a rule brought in on the quiet.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I agree Stormey, but I also think that certain places, public places, dogs could be walked on leads? Maybe I'm just lucky and have loads of countryside walks on my doorstep where you'd never think of putting a dog on a lead, and yet other places I COULD go, then it would sort of be expected of me to do just that? I don't see a problem with putting a dog on a lead to walk in certain areas, say highly cultivated parkside areas, where people walk to enjoy all the flowers etc. etc. but then they have other areas perhaps in that park where you can take the dog's lead off and then let them have a good run??

runs and hides.....
I agree, take heaton park which is near me, when i take mine there on a weekday i will let star off as he is great, yet skyes recall is still not 100% so she stays on her lead, at weekends or busy time they are both on lead. Most responsable owners do the same, so imo its responsable owners being punished for the idiot owners.

Some of the "sports fields" on the list are nothing more than waste ground. The same with dog fouling, i clean up after mine all the time, the people who dont are not going to suddenly do so now, and one of the places where they have said needs dog mess cleaning is often covered in house hold waste for days on end, burnt out cars, and dumped rubbish for a local buliding project, so they maybe should sort this out aswell.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »