Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
But only from irresponible/greedy "breeders" right?
mostly, although in certain breeds the prices are high anyway.
with cresties, some hairless go for £1500 (I know, no decent breeder ever to charge that mind) - most breeders will charge less than half of that.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I'd expect a dog to poop gold for that price!
Now that would be good
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:22 PM
wow, never had a clue that some people would pay that much for a dog!!

The chap in our Pets at Home reckoned he paid £1700 for his ESS pup, which we thought rediculous, but he said he fell in love with the pup and the breeder kept putting the price up! I love my pup to bits but paid nothing like that and if the breeder had tried hiking the price i would have told him to take a hike, not gone with it and I would have fell in love with another one and bought a dog from elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
mostly, although in certain breeds the prices are high anyway.
with cresties, some hairless go for £1500 (I know, no decent breeder ever to charge that mind) - most breeders will charge less than half of that.
I'd expect a price like that for a big dog (£1500 not £5000)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
YUP!!

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I culd get a fully trained GSD from Germany for that & have some money left over !!!
It's mental isn't it? I mean the fact you could literally get a fully trained dog for less & to think of all the work that would involve!!

I guess it would be pointless contacting the KC, after all it is already registered (and not the only one being advertised, another litter was KC reg too and they were blue )

Makes you angry though eh I do find it hypocrytical of the KC to on the one-hand say it is undesirable to have this colouration, but on the other happy to accept the fee to register them!!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
And wee champagne
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I saw a post on another forum recently for a 'rare' coloured Labrador, they were being advertised as something daft like champagne coloured, and were priced at £2,000

Just a note re the smaller breeds, don't forget, a lot of them have much smaller litters, so if a breeder takes two litters from a Labrador and ends up with twenty pups overall, and a breeder takes two litters from a toy breed, and possibly ends up with eight pups overall, well you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that toy breed pups may well cost more to help recoup some of the costs, but I hate the extortionate prices some charge, for tea cup sizes or rare colours
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
I saw a post on another forum recently for a 'rare' coloured Labrador, they were being advertised as something daft like champagne coloured, and were priced at £2,000

Just a note re the smaller breeds, don't forget, a lot of them have much smaller litters, so if a breeder takes two litters from a Labrador and ends up with twenty pups overall, and a breeder takes two litters from a toy breed, and possibly ends up with eight pups overall, well you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that toy breed pups may well cost more to help recoup some of the costs, but I hate the extortionate prices some charge, for tea cup sizes or rare colours
Well I understand that but then again you can have a big dog and some of the pups can die - reputable breeders are less likely to put their prices up right?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I asked this before but why blue ..or should that be dilute black
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well I understand that but then again you can have a big dog and some of the pups can die - reputable breeders are less likely to put their prices up right?
no ethical breeder would up prices to make money back.. Alot of toy breeds are expensive mainly when in the hands of back yard breeders though
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »