View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm the afternoon isn't going too bad actually.
Bruce is snoring his head off on the window seat and Reah is on the chair.
Tess seems to be playing alone with two boost bottles, well I say boost bottle, they are more like a smashed piece of plastic now I did get her a toy but I have a feeling that it wasn't appreciated as she chewed it up in less than 5 mins
Skye is proving in true Skye Pro fashion that she can....and will...sulk for England and is still not playing with Tornando Tess......and in true Paris Hilton fashion is being very ''pinky'' over her still, although she isn't snapping at her anymore and hasn't done for 2 days now....so thats a positive
A friend came to drop off some concrete posts as we are putting up a fence when the weather gets better, and Tess went into the kitchen lovely (don't open the front door whilst she is in) how lucky was I when he asked if he could wash his hands....sent him up stairs (thank you God).... if he had gone into the kitchen...what a stink...she had poo'd still I can see she is getting plenty of roughage....well chicken food at least
She has learnt wait, off, sit and now NO... so not doing to bad
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I think collies should come with a government health warning 'Not for the faint hearted!!' I'm loving the Tornado Tess diaries and how quickly that little minx has settled in with you. She is such a special girl bringing smiles to so many!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I think collies should come with a government health warning 'Not for the faint hearted!!' I'm loving the Tornado Tess diaries and how quickly that little minx has settled in with you. She is such a special girl bringing smiles to so many!
I sometimes think I did a ''real bad thing'' in a former life, bringing me Border Collies into my life
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Aw Steph she sounds delightful and though BC she may be, she sounds like an English setter pup to me!! It brings back some brilliant memories of my norty setters!! Can't wait to hear more of her exploits... I knew that name is suited to nortiness, our Tess was a character too!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw Steph she sounds delightful and though BC she may be, she sounds like an English setter pup to me!! It brings back some brilliant memories of my norty setters!! Can't wait to hear more of her exploits... I knew that name is suited to nortiness, our Tess was a character too!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Tess seems to have clicked onto a few things....at last
The evening walk turned out to be a mud bath and in true style she thoroughly enjoyed it all.
However we discovered at couple of things with her, men playing football....well trying to get Tornado Tess away from a football is virutally impossible....and after us chasing her round and round she had to be carried away Guess who had mud all over her.....and it wasn't Tess
She also has a thing about men walking alone....rush up and bark like crazy seems to be her way of handling that Need some work on that then
The bathtime when we got back proved to be a No No....but she just had to have one, but the drying off with a towel was the best game of all can not say I managed to dry her off, but our bed sure got a good soaking........don't ask That will teach me to shut bedroom doors in future
All in all things went well, and she is fast asleep now wrapped up in a towel
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Awwww, your bed is obviously the drying area for Tess, I love this diary of the whirlwind AKA Tess.
Everyone of them make me laugh, but I am not sure I would if Tess was at my house mind you, she isn't still for long and is off on her next mission of destruction in no time
One thing is for sure, Tess has oozes a lot of character
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
awww bless her!!! After my first ever attempt at bathing Bella I quickly learned that all doors MUST be shut before hand, and a route needs to be prepared straight to her bed(already lined with many towels) passing nothing of any importance on the way
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Well Morning 4 of the dairy seems quite tame (maybe the lull before the storm)
She spent her very first night with Skye being in the kitchen too...yay no problems.
No mess either which I thought was a plus, after she had been outside for 10 mins or so she came in with half a chewed branch in her mouth and the word No went straight out the window as she turn it into a game of tug-of-war. Another NO (firm) saw her drop it and walk away in disgust....then low and behold Bruce being the Gent, got her another one, so we repeated the mission all over again We did swops branch for chew, but this only lasted 3 seconds before she was out again and came back with a magpie feather stuck in her gob
I am rather hoping it was a stray feather and not attached to a magpie when she retrieved it

Pat has done a wooden frame over the pond as Tornado Tess has taken to ''fish watching'' only problem with that is that she was becoming hypnotized by them and I had the feeling that she would fall in...swaying at the edge was the clue now she thinks this is some sort of bridge to stand on...thank god he made it robust

We prided ourselves with indestrucable walls in the kitchen as they are all tiled........madam has found the bit not tiled right by the door frame to scratch out when we get up looks like a wee bit of maintence will be needed over the easter hols on that then.

She has found out (after having a bath) not only can she go up stairs....but she can now get down stairs, and has been displaying her new found talent this morning...much to the cats disgust as she has knocked two of them down the stairs in her over enthusiasum.....so baby gate firmly shut she is sleeping now by my feet

It Won't laaaasssssssssssttttttttttt
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
The lull before the storm

I'm loving reading all about Tess, and how she's fitting into your family
Page 6 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »