Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 09:00 AM

£515 vet bill!!!

Sam was really ill tuesday night, we rushed him straight to the vet where over 3 days he had blood test, antibiotics and nutrients, probiotics and enzymes. He is fine although a lifetime of enzymes for EPI. i picked him up yesterday and had a £515 vet bill! good job we have already paid for our hols this year! 515 POUND
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Wow, are you insured ?
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes he is insured but i had to pay it and now claim it back! i think the premium might go up next year though!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Sam was really ill tuesday night, we rushed him straight to the vet where over 3 days he had blood test, antibiotics and nutrients, probiotics and enzymes. He is fine although a lifetime of enzymes for EPI. i picked him up yesterday and had a £515 vet bill! good job we have already paid for our hols this year! 515 POUND
Oh dear poor boy, £515 for three night/days at the vets isn't bad really.

Do tell his breeder that he has EPI, as it is genetic & his parents & siblings should not be bred from. Have a look at Dorothy Cullum's website & click on the link GSD OIG(Owners Information Group)& this information link.
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the links joedeeuk, the first thing i did was e:mail his breeder who has kept one of his litter mates and has just started showing the same symptoms, weight loss, vomiting, diarrea, etc so has promised she'll get him tested. i have seen some websites that show what it can do if left and e:mailed her the links so i hope she does. xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 11:27 AM
wow but I bet you would have paid it anyway to see your dog get better. I am still slowly paying off Scratch's bill, which I won't say as you will pass out
Good to hear your dog is on the mend and can be fixed with meds to live a good life.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the links joedeeuk, the first thing i did was e:mail his breeder who has kept one of his litter mates and has just started showing the same symptoms, weight loss, vomiting, diarrea, etc so has promised she'll get him tested. i have seen some websites that show what it can do if left and e:mailed her the links so i hope she does. xxx
Ask at your butchers for some raw pigs pancreas(aka Pig's Sweetbreads)

The addition of a small amount (50-100 grams) of raw pigs pancreas per meal is often enough, although a course of antibiotics with probiotics to balance the gut bacteria is helpful as SIBO is likely to be present
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2009, 01:28 PM
i just read this and my first reaction, especially considering he stayed at the vets for 3 whole days was how lucky you were it was so cheap.

i just read this out to my fiance, without saying what the thread was about, and her first reaction was also "what, thats cheap!"

we have just been paying out much more for much less (albeit different) procedures and only 1 night at the vets.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2009, 01:48 PM
That was pretty good for 3 days, we had to pay £437.00 for one night at the emergency vet and all they did was take an xray and give her morphine, we had to take her to our own vet for treatment the next day.
sherylfox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2009, 02:49 PM
oh my god 437.00 for one night then some i would have passed out i think , my collie was ill last sat night dia, sickness and totally out of it his poo was red to thought staight away parvo though how im not sure as not had second jab or gone out yeti rang vet at 1am he said let him rest plenty fluids.. thats it luckily was not parvo and was a stomach full of older dogs food the day before !! teach him to be a pig.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >