Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I get it with the Chis, often in a negative way, like "I/Somebody I know had a Chi and they ripped up the house/pee'd all over the place/bit everything that moved" rarely a nice story
I can understand that if those who got the chi didn't research them.
My chi was a sweetheart but she could chase any dog going past round the block if she saw them and managed to get under the gate. I think they are great in 'packs' and have such a huge character in such a little dog, that has such a ditzy image people often underestimate what they've got.
I'd have another one in a shot, it would soon show my two who's boss lol..... or at least try, til Inca ate it.
mysti77
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I used to have one of those!!

No seriously I had quite a few GSDs when I was a kid, my dad loved them

I have a mongrel now so no one can claim they have one like mine
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Yep we get that with our Boxer as well. It's usually followed by "never calm down do they?" or "mad things, aren't they?"!!
Yup, lots of people USED to have a Boxer.... funny how they don't anymore
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I think it is definitely a GSD thing I have had a few people stop me over the years to fuss my dogs and to tell me all about the wonderful, loyal GSD they used to have. I love listening to their stories.

Just a month ago, I was in the town nearest to where we live and a guy came out of a shop specifically to stroke Yogi and he told me all about the wonderful GSD he used to have. He wanted another but his wife wanted a Briard, so they ended up with a Briard! It was a heartbreaking story as his GSD had been catching his favourite rubber ball with his owner, and unfortunately the ball had lodged in the dog's throat and he died before they made it to the vets

My poor collies don't seem to get half as much attention as the GSDs. Not sure why?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

I dont often get people gushing over the rotties, but if someone does come towards you in a confidnet manner, they have either owned a good one, or they dont know what they are... lol
If I don't have Jess I will always go over to a Rottie. Hubby won't let me have one, but they are probs my fave breed. Don't know why but I have always loved them
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Loads of people stop and talk about my dogs, although some old men have told me that they are not dogs for girls, or they should all be working dogs
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2009, 06:01 PM
When I was still able to walk Kali or Snorri in town, people used to stop and say "Ohhh! A real dog!", but this IS a farming area.....

Snorri
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I have had it twice, once on Holiday in Shropshire a man owned a BMD but it gave up on life when his wife died. So we stopped and had a long chat.
Last year when I was out walking Ollie a man in a Merc estate started to kerb crawl and say hello and I thought oh no !!! (hadn't got my best outfit on ) and he said thats a nice Bernese I have one at home. Makes a change for people to know what they are.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2