Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 01:57 PM

That will teach me

not to put xeva's coat on her when we go out

the sun had been out for a while, thought now is the ideal time to go out for a roadwalk with the two of them, if it starts raining, we will be ok wont need her coat as i only really bought it for snow...

got outside no rain, dogs go to the toilet, continue our walk, about 15 mins of being out and away from the flat it starts raining, yeah ok no problem continue on with the walk, rain turns to very heavy sleet......

not too much of an issue i hear you say?

well not according to xeva, she starts screaming at me, trying to get into cars that were parked (nobody in them, locked etc..) up every garden path where the gates were left open, dragging me back down the road as quickly as she can and even up the stairs so quickly that she slipped on the very top one..

That will teach me for NOT putting her coat on so our walk lasted maybe 25 mins in total, by the time we got in we were all drenched, xeva is now drying off in her crate and ty has chosen to lie on the floor instead of in his bed where i have towels in to help dry him off
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm afraid I don't get putting a coat on a hairy dog..... it already has a coat, doesn't it?

lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 03:08 PM
yes, but as i said in my coat thread, xeva's coat seems different to the other gsd's i have met, its nowhere near as thick as their's, she hardly ever moults and when she needs a brush its a quick once over with the slicker and thats it.

i bought the 3 peaks one for her as it wouldn't be overly thick and would help keep her dry and warm in the snow.

i wouldn't even contemplate putting one on any of the others
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm afraid I don't get putting a coat on a hairy dog..... it already has a coat, doesn't it?

its the only way to get my big woos out in the winter !! LOL
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
its the only way to get my big woos out in the winter !! LOL
Same, staffords are allergic to the cold lol. Roxie has a jumper AND a coat on and still makes the ' please dont make me go out there' face on lol

Poor Xeva It obviously really upsets her doesnt it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Same, staffords are allergic to the cold lol. Roxie has a jumper AND a coat on and still makes the ' please dont make me go out there' face on lol

if its wet Bruno simply just won't go.....no matter what he has on or not !
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post

i think it was the sleet, because she was fine as it started to rain, it was when the sleet started very heavily, that stuff is bloody cold and gets you soaking in a couple of mins, i will just have to make sure i put her coat on from now on
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Having met Xeva a few times now, she is not a dog who does things by half measures, now is she, Lisa? I'm just picturing the scene.

Imagine taking a GSD out in the rain and sleet without a coat on. I mean, such cruetly.

Better get the wee souls coat on the next time, just in case, or she'll be phoning up the rescue to come and get her.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Or at least have it with you if the weather turns next time That's what I do with Ollie's coat, he has only needed it twice so far. That was the other reason I liked the look of the 3 peaks they are thin so fold up easy to be stuck in a pocket.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2011, 03:30 AM
hahaha I'm sorry I laughed at your description of xeva trying to get into cars and probably other peoples houses by going up their garden paths.

My but isn't it cold these past few days. I've been thinking I must get a coat for Lana especially for when it gets icy and I go so slowly along the road, she's liable to freeze to death

Vicki, how about coming up to this area for a few days, you might change your mind about even hairy dogs needing coats
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >