Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Just caught up with this thread and I cant belive how off topic its been allowed to get.
It was supposed to be your opinions on Mary's BIS performance not a ;ecture on her ethics.
I thought it wasnt as good as other years but maybe the bbc camera men were a bit responsible for that. I loved the Sourcery apprentice a few years back and still think she does a great job with her dogs and it obvios they all adore her.
You are right, the camera work does tend to `lose` a lot of what goes into it

I find it a pity the non breeding fratunity have taken the chance ti have a pop at a wowman who in my opinion does so much to champion the welfare of dogs both here and and abroad.
I`m `non breeding fraternity` but I`m certainly not having a pop, quite the opposite
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I like the work Mary Ray does with her dogs , And enjoyed her at the B,I,S performance xxdk
memphisminstrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2008, 09:20 PM
When I posted my comments, I didn't realise how much it would gets peoples back up. So I did a couple of emails and now have a response and this will be my last word on this particular subject.

I had a reply from MR, they don't have puppies but DO use the dogs for stud - so dogs are used to enable people breed from the bitches. (So line goes back to stud dog as well as the bitch)
The 2nd email gave me some details, but I am not going to post that as it could be libellous.

When I used the word 'pinches', I meant borrowed...as I always use that word. A bit like the word bent has an alternate meaning these days.

This is a quote from the email I recieved:

In the early days when it started they were all original and a few of the moves that are now popular in the last few years have originated with Mary, but most people in the sport will use moves that they see other handlers using and put them into their routines.
But of course everyone has got short memories and if you do start an original move off and Mary has done many, everyone forgets who has started it.

So I hope that everyone finds this acceptable as, I emailed
M&DR direct.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Well done for contacting Mary and Dave direct, its always better to do that than just talk about someone.

Another factor with the `copied moves`, [ which as you have had confirmed, Mary came up up with most of them in the first place ] some moves are required elements so those will be used time and time again by different handlers of course, as well as being used for Freestyle as it would`nt make sense to put in the work to only ever use this or that move for one routine
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks!

So to Clarify

So Mary does not breed Pups from her Bitches & does not Pinch other peoples moves.

Its brave of you to do that publically so hats off to you.I hope you get yoyr facts right before slandering someone in future.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I would like to see her try and train an Afghan like that.

Tumbleweed
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Thanks!

So to Clarify

So Mary does not breed Pups from her Bitches & does not Pinch other peoples moves.

Its brave of you to do that publically so hats off to you.I hope you get yoyr facts right before slandering someone in future.
Did we clear up the CEA carrier business? JoedeeUK said he (Quincey) has produced many affected puppies, so my question was, Did she use him on untested bitches KNOWING he was a carrier and could produce affected offspring, or did she not bother in the first place, use him anyway and wait for upset owners to tell her about their affected dogs and she have it done then?
Dawn.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Did we clear up the CEA carrier business? JoedeeUK said he (Quincey) has produced many affected puppies, so my question was, Did she use him on untested bitches KNOWING he was a carrier and could produce affected offspring, or did she not bother in the first place, use him anyway and wait for upset owners to tell her about their affected dogs and she have it done then?
Dawn.
Er Did I I think not
Quincy is a CEA carrier(oops you will have to join the site(free)to see the genetic information)& has produced affected dogs,
Nowhere have I put many if you are going to quote me please do so correctly.

He is clinically CEA clear-so the clinical test would have revealed nothing(just like my Rjj) & the DNA test is a recent test(available well after most of his puppies were concieved.) At least his clinically clear offspring are being DNA tested now & he has produced some DNA clear offspring
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 06:30 AM
I tryed to explain but not very well, Quincy is a Carrier. As dyane said ,at the old test at the vets he would have passed as he is not "affected", obvisley now we have the DNA test (fairley recent, Quincey is 1997) & its shown him up as a carrier,so thats shown he can only be put to DNA "clear" bitches,if she decides to use him again.

He hasent been really widely used for such a successful dog,(im not sure if hes on anadune dyane?with any litter stats?)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I tryed to explain but not very well, Quincy is a Carrier. As dyane said ,at the old test at the vets he would have passed as he is not "affected", obvisley now we have the DNA test (fairley recent, Quincey is 1997) & its shown him up as a carrier,so thats shown he can only be put to DNA "clear" bitches,if she decides to use him again.

He hasent been really widely used for such a successful dog,(im not sure if hes on anadune dyane?with any litter stats?)
Can I ask, a question, and this has nothing to do with MR , just a general observation. so dont shoot me down

If a dog is a CEA carrier , and put to a clear bitch , what are the chances of the off springs being affected?

Would`nt it be better not to use a carrier at all for breeding.
Page 13 of 24 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »