Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 09:27 PM

'orphaned' Rottie in desperate need

Passing on this message from Alison Waines (Environmental protection officer - animals), her contact number appears in the message below. Alison is based in Swindon.

I know we've all got problems with the poor old rotts at the moment but I feel for this guy. He's 9 years old and didn't come in as a stray, his owner was sadly killed in a traffic accident and there was no one who could take Turby on. He really is a smashing dog and has been well brought up with fantastic manners but we can't find anyone to take him partly because of his age and partly because he's a rottie (he has an excellent temperament however both with people and other animals). I'm therefore sending his details out to anyone and everyone in the hope someone can help! Please feel free to forward this on or contact me for further details at any time. We ideally want to find him a home direct as he is very miserable in kennels and craves one to one contact. I think he would be ok with another dog but not something like another male rottie as he can be a bit possessive about his possessions with other dogs (not with people). I know he has lived with cats, other dogs, been around small children and is great around all other animals. I've also walked him with my own dog with no problems at all

I can be reached any time on my mobile 07766 368220 if you know anyone who might be able to help or you can reply to this email address. If there's a foster home that could take him we would definitely consider that

message ends.

thanks for reading

thandi
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 09:33 PM
awww how sad i would love him but china wouldnt....

i really hope he finds a home soon...

Alex
xxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 10:00 PM
awe how sad, I wish I could help but due to loseing royce a few weeks ago, I do have a spare place but I also have two males it the house so it wouldnt be good for him, I will pass the word around thought the poor old boy x
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2008, 10:03 PM
So I can't take him as I've already got six dogs and two of them are males.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Awwwww so sad I wish I could help too but I already have three,xxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh gosh how sad.
I wish I could but we are full to capcity again.
Surely somone could have him, bless him?