View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I found my gwp's were fast, athletic and bold but I only did one little comp. & got a 4th but I was chuffed lol I now use agility as part of my training sessions and do it purely for fun. Max my gsd is good at the jumping but isnt fond of the tunnels. Oscar my gsp doesn't 'do' games! He has a job to do and does that well but wont entertain any other hobbies! Poppy Patterdale hasnt started yet but is a wicked jumper so hopefully she'll enjoy agility. Foo & Minxy my lurchers are really good and fast and agile too. Magik my vizsla is as mad as a box of frogs..and should carry a health warning...
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
I have done agility with a yorkie, springer spaniel, GSD and of corse my meggy moose (BC) In one compition i was doing with my springer spaniel Harvey there was a Saint Bernard competing. I was quite surprised but he did really wella and came 2nd
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm hoping to do agility with Icon when he's old enough, he's only 6 months old at the moment......I don't know how well he will do as he's not very fast, but I think he would really enjoy it!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 07:26 PM
nick retired bc from agility - now 11 -

millie - springer x collie

gotta say - collies rock at agility!!!! they are one of the top dogs for agility - !!!!!!
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
at my club we have:
labradors, collies, a tervueren (mine ), miniature schnauzers, a rhodesian ridgeback, corgies, a dachsie, danish farmdogs (like parsons in size, but are pinchers not terriers), japanse spitzes (lots! a few of the trainers are KC-reg'ed breeders of them as well), an aussie shepherd, cocker spaniel, foxterrier, a stabyhoun and a couple of crossbreeds.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
It is something I would really love to try with our RR in a couple of years time. Saw an Akita at a display once, he wasn't the fastest but he had sooo much fun
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I am not saying he is the best or the speediest, but he LOVES it!!!

katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2008, 04:56 PM
It's so nice to hear of all the different breeds. I feel that with the right motivation (& care) nearly every breed can do it. I knew a couple of Dachunds, a friend of mine has done it with Segugio Italianos (that will have many reaching for their breed books) & an Ibizan, I have trained with Jap Spitz, Toy Poodles, German Spitz - all very good. Friends have successfully competed with Keeshonds, Papillons are outstanding Jap Chin, - I've been involved in agility for well over 20 years (don't compete now) & I must have seen most breeds doing it.
Katia
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Foo View Post
I found my gwp's were fast, athletic and bold
I find mine is which surprises me, didnt have them down as such an athletic breed. He can outrun, out manouevre and jump twice as high as my collie and he's only 9 months old (compared to my 2 year old collie).

This is why I want to do working trials with him but I think he would make an excellent candidate for competing seriously in agility.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
My dally does it!

At our class there was also labbies, a rottweiler, and then some more usual breeds. The instructor had JRTs too
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >