Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 10:19 PM

animal rescue live

did any one see this show it was on bbc one this morning from 10-11am it was the last show there was lots of staffies needing homes but if you go on the link and see if you can find the story about mattie,the wee dog brought in with dermo and wieghted only 8kilo and after they had her for 13 days she weighed in at 13kilo how can anyone do this,i cried when i saw her.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/animalrescuelive/appeal_animals/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scoopcps/animal...03/47654.shtml
matties on this one xx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I didnt see it today but have been catching bits of it while it's been on.

The first day i found it on (not sure if it was the day it started) i was not inpressed by this one bit.
I will try not to make it a long story.
There was a family with 2 youngish boys cant remember their age, they wanted to get 2 cats one each for the children far enough i thought, BUT they sent around a RSPCA lady to inspect their home as you do and she said she didnt think they would be able to have any as they had 2 rats, and i thought so, instead of saying they needed to keep the rats in the cage while the cats are about or shut the door where their rats were kept, if they wanted to get them out, she said we will have trouble getting 2 cats together but to get 2 cats that can live with rats it's going to be hard they maybe out their but i have never meet a cat that doesn't like chasing small fast things.
Any way they found 3 young cats for them to chose from one ginger (THEY WANTED 2) and 2 sisters, well they went for the 2 sisters because they wanted 2 cats.
nice they got them but why did they have to go thought all that, was it all for the tele.
sorry it was long,
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I've watched the whole series & that was the third time we'd seen Mattie as she was brought in on the van just as the series started. I can't believe people could just let her suffer that way, but wasn't she sweet with Peter. AS for the cat thing I don't think she meant they couldn't have a cat with rats only that it may be a problem, all houses are home checked before any dogs or cats are rehomed. The reaon they only had one set of two cats is that it is their policy not to rehome two animals unless theycame in together & are used to living together. I quite enjoyed the programme though there was a bit to much frivolous stuff & meeting the stars & theit dogs for my liking but I suppose it may have caused peopke to look who might not have done otherwise & the vet phone ins were really interesting
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah I think the homecheck is a very good idea, just didnt like the way the woman went about it thats all.
The vet phone in's were very good, liked listening to them.
I think the same as you, they dont show enough of the animals but yes they could attract the wrong people.