Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 07:08 PM

10 month old labrador bitch

hey guys,

i have a client who needs to rehome her dog.

i have been training her dogs the last 4 weeks, and this dog is lovely, but they just dont have the time to train both seperately. she needs one to one attention as she is very insecure, being handraised since she was one week old.

if anyone is interested, please pm me and i will forward you the contact details. this is being done through labrador rescue who will do a home check. however the dog is still in the clients home.

here is the info the owner has sent me as well as a photo of this lovely dog.

Background information on Tess also known as Tessy.

Tess was born on 16th February 2006 in Nottingham, the second of a litter of seven, both parents Pedigree, both fit and healthy, whilst she is a pedigree she is not Kennel Club Registered.

Her previous owner had to re-home her as a matter of urgency when they were given a one year secondment abroad. We were given very little information about her prior to re-homing, which was a hurried affair.

Tess is excellent with children, both families have had children ranging from 4 years old to 10 years sold, she has never shown any signs of aggression in either home.

She has been left for 4-5 hrs with no problem, is house trained. She has had training and is good at sitting, staying and retrieving. We have had great success on the lead using a "Gentle Leader" which she is used to and on which she does not pull at all. She sleeps in kitchen on bed + fleece. In October Tess was spayed.

Her mother was run over when she was only one week old and subsequently she was bottle fed and hand reared, therefore she gets very attached to one person. Mostly she needs reassurance on a one to one basis. She does get very excited on meeting people but is responding well to training.

She has a lovely nature, she is very into cuddles and especially fond of tummy rubs.
In the evening she loves to join you on the sofa and is very happy to share cuddles with you, enjoying the comfort it brings and is very happy quiet and relaxed like this, tending to fall asleep on her back with her legs in the air! Often the children use her as a pillow
and she does not seem to mind their constant fiddling, I suspect she enjoys the physical contact. She is very good with regard to table manners, she does not beg and has only stolen crisps which where left at her level on a table, but has never climbed up to steal anything, she is just a an opportunist. If she does get something in her mouth she is very good at letting you have it back, similarly she is good with ball games.

The main issue for not keeping Tess is the increasingly difficult dynamics between her and the other female dog in the family, which has effected training and is causing dominance issues which is stressful for the other dog and the household, since we work from home.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
any news
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I hope she found a good home she is gorgeous.
Maryan
New Member!
Female 

21-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Is she still in the Nottingham area?
charmie
New Member!
Female 

21-07-2008, 09:03 PM
were about is the dog?
she is soo cute! i would love to take her i am actually looking for a lab. my mum actually wants a chocolate one but i dont really mind what colour.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by charmie View Post
were about is the dog?
she is soo cute! i would love to take her i am actually looking for a lab. my mum actually wants a chocolate one but i dont really mind what colour.
This thread was posted over a year ago, you are best off checking the dates when looking on the rehome threads as some are quite old. Best of luck in your search, have you checked the lab rescues?
charmie
New Member!
Female 

22-07-2008, 08:18 AM
no i dont think i have i have looked on soo many sites i forget were ive looked! i didint actually check the date and then i did realise that it was over a year old thank you for the advise! i will check now