Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Where do you go?

If you need someone to talk to, either online or in person, where do you go?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
I go to either my hubby or my best friend.

If you need to talk we are all here to listen, you sound down, what about your doctor can you talk to him there, he may be able to point you in the right direction if you feel you need some professional help.

But in the mean time talk away here xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 08:32 AM
It depends on the subject I want to talk about really. Probably my husband or my mum and sometimes a friend.

I hope you are okay.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Very difficult, I always find it difficult to talk to anyone

I can listen though, so if you need to talk I think we are all here for you... and that is not just an empty threat
We can all be reached by the direct threads
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
I haven't seen you on here for some time which is sad

As others have said you can always post here, and there are some wonderful people who will listen, that in itself might help you. Here's hoping that you find someone to talk to either here or elsewhere.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I know it's a cliche but when I was suffering from anxiety and couldn't talk about it to anyone I phoned the Samaritans. I had been in hospital with a chest infection for 2 weeks and when I came out I was paranoid about getting an infection and really hardly went out.

For weeks I was afraid to cry as I felt I would choke and coming off a high dose of steroids didn't help.

The person I spoke to was wonderful just listened mostly to me crying which was a massive relief. They suggested speaking to my doctor about my fears and also gave me the
details of some websites.

I would totally recommend them.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Hey Sweep,hope you're ok.Like others have said we're here if you need to talk.Also great people online and a phone call away,if you need them,day or night(( hugs))
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Sometimes I just sit in a dark room, on the floor, and like a psycho, I talk to the walls. I spent a LONG time in an asylum in my teen years, and this was all I could do to keep sane.

I argue with nothing, my problems turn into nothing, and my feelings turn into nothing. My mind turns blank as nobody answers my questions, and nothing can hear me. Everything... is nothing.

There is nobody to pity me, nobody to tell me pathetic garbage like "It's going to be okay..." or "Hang in there..." or the usual unhelpful nonsense people say when you seem upset. Nobody to tell me they know how I feel, nobody to say anything at all.

By the time I'm done, I can say I DO feel tons better. Again, this was learned by physically being locked in a big, blank room and having absolutely nobody to talk to. So bear that in mind because I know it sounds insane.

Your only conversation partner was the annoying echo, who seemingly could only tell you what you just said. But that was better than saying nothing, so you spoke to your echo, and "he" always spoke back.

"He" only said what you said, and you felt like "he" was agreeing with you when you heard your angry words bounce back at you. I understand this sounds insane, but even now... many years after all that horrible stuff, I find remembering it helps a ton when I've got nobody that I can talk to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2014, 03:54 PM
First thing that came to mind was the Samaritans, like has been said, I do hope you are OK because you've not been on for ages, and I hope that someone can help you and you do find someone to talk to, if not on here, someone you feel comfortable opening up to
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2014, 03:30 AM
It depends on the issue...my husband, a best buddy, my sister in law...if it's something I don't want to share exactly talking to Callie, obviously he can't offer any insight but talking out loud helps some stuff out. Even being alone in the car sometimes. Talking to yourself out loud isn't nutty it helps you figure out what you want to say sometimes.

Writing things down too. I'm a writer and an avid reader so thoughts are easier to untangle if the words are standing in front of me. I used to be a volunteer counselor feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >