View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Thats terrible I don't think I could ever take Millie to a class like that.

If any trainer ever treated Millie that way I would smack them one!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by kitkatkathy View Post
I suggest going back there, or getting someone else to go back there, and catch it on a secret cam. That way you have proof of the appalling behaviour!
Yes I guess I could send Jamie along-they don't know him from Adam. I don;t think he would like this though.

Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Thats terrible I don't think I could ever take Millie to a class like that.

If any trainer ever treated Millie that way I would smack them one!
Quite agree-I wasn't happy when the "helper" spoke sharply to Parker saying "NO" and waving her hands at him when he went near her to say hello so to speak. He flattened himself to the ground and looked scared and he is normally a confident dog. No need for that in my opinion, I recalled him back to me and he came but he had never seen that person before and he is quite nosey.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Yes I guess I could send Jamie along-they don't know him from Adam. I don;t think he would like this though.

Quite agree-I wasn't happy when the "helper" spoke sharply to Parker saying "NO" and waving her hands at him when he went near her to say hello so to speak. He flattened himself to the ground and looked scared and he is normally a confident dog. No need for that in my opinion, I recalled him back to me and he came but he had never seen that person before and he is quite nosey.
Millie is nosey as well but she wanders up to people and then runs back to us when they reach their hands to say hello she has done it since her first day out though im sure she will get over it in time she got over her fear of other dogs and now loves meeting them.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I think it's fab that you spoke up while you were actually there. You never know - there may be other folk there who are not happy and your words may have affected them

I also commend you for following up with various letters etc. If we as dog lovers do not speak up, who will?

And it's definitely not a case of you being 'sensitive'! Had I been there I would have been horrified and been right there beside you protesting!!!

So you GO, girl!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
I think it's fab that you spoke up while you were actually there. You never know - there may be other folk there who are not happy and your words may have affected them

I also commend you for following up with various letters etc. If we as dog lovers do not speak up, who will?

And it's definitely not a case of you being 'sensitive'! Had I been there I would have been horrified and been right there beside you protesting!!!

So you GO, girl!
Gee thanks Tabitha!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4