Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Well done on your first competition.

We are nearly at that point, just waiting for his registration to come through then we can get him measured and enter.
I am really looking forward to competing but also really scared.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
Thats a great result for a first show, i entered for the first time on the sunday at the same show but i wasnt as brave as you and just entered 1 jumping class, i ended up with 20 faults i think although im not too sure about the rules!!

Mads has never run outside before though as we train indoors so she wasnt quite sure why we were there and went round the first two jumps ive entered the eastbourne show jumping again so im hoping we will improve.
Well done - lovely relaxed show wasn't it - I didn't enter Eastbourne as wanted to see how this one went first - wish I had now though!

Its so different from training isn't it - like you Max wasn't quite sure why we were there and was very distracted on his first agility runs!

good luck for your next one
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Springador View Post
Well done on your first competition.

We are nearly at that point, just waiting for his registration to come through then we can get him measured and enter.
I am really looking forward to competing but also really scared.
Thank you

It wasn't as scary as I thought once got in there just treated it like training/a fun round which it was.

Max enjoyed it just as much as he does training just needs to switch his setter brain on and not be so distracted LOL
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes so different from training and you watch some of the dogs go round and they seem to do the course effortlessly then i arrive with my dobie (already feel out of place!) and think oh my goodness what have i done but it was good fun and once she understood she was great, think i should have entered more classes so that she got into the swing of it.
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
When entering for the first time is it always best to avoid the KC competitions.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Springador View Post
When entering for the first time is it always best to avoid the KC competitions.
Not necessarily - it was just my preference that's all - this show had a county fair going on as well so thought it would give us something (the kids and I) else to do as well. Also its quieter than the big shows (although was still fairly busy ).

There was no running order which threw me as was expecting so you had to be sure not to miss the class LOL.

The courses were nice even if they had pull throughs in the agility!

A very friendly relaxes but efficiently run show all in all - will be doing the June one in Hampshire later in the year.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Christine or someone can you help - if a schedule isn't available for download on agilitynet - where do you get it?

I heard there was one in Ardingly in July? South of England? also Haywards Heath are listed as having a show end of May (which has prob. closed anyway) but no schedule?

Thanks,

Rach
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes so different from training and you watch some of the dogs go round and they seem to do the course effortlessly then i arrive with my dobie (already feel out of place!) and think oh my goodness what have i done but it was good fun and once she understood she was great, think i should have entered more classes so that she got into the swing of it.
Not as out of place as a nutty setter

Its surprising how few 'other' breeds there are though - the collies still dominate don't they!

They say its good to be different
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
it all sounds really good, cant wait to hear how the next one goes,

well done x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Just don't forget, that whatever your dog does, however embarrasing it may be to you..........running out the ring, refusing to do anything, weeing in the ring, running and sitting on the scrimmers lap, stoping and pooing on the dog wallk, it has all happened before, you'll not be the first, and far from the last, and it has been know to all go really well and get a clear round

ive entered the eastbourne show jumping again so im hoping we will improve.
Maybe we'll see you there
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >