Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Is that 24 letters in total.

I like High jumping Harley, that suits him.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
You have to count the spaces as characters, and always have a back up name or two that you wouldn't mind, just incase your favourite has already been chosen

With Jack, I had to phone up on the Friday because he was getting measured on the Sat and I didn't know at the time I needed a KC number to do it, and they were absolutlely brilliant and even offered to think up some names if my chosen one was taken, so that's always an option for you

We chose Ebony Mist, because he's a Blue Merle, but she also came up with Midnight Misty Blue, which I thought was lovely as well.

Good luck, and don't forget you can also have a funny name if you like
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I've never counted the spaces as characters!
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Now you've got me thinking, I'm not sure, but here's (hopefully) a link to the activities register, and the bit about 24 characters is under No.2 dog details, on page 3, maybe I was getting muddled

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/378/form5.pdf
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:49 AM
It's 24 characters under the breed register as well and I've never included the spaces as characters only the letters. It says 24 letters so that doesn't include spaces!
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:56 AM
It looks as if you coud be right Becky

Trust me to confuse the matter by getting things wrong
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 08:57 AM
That's ok there are some instances where spaces are considered characters! (not in the KC as far as I'm aware but in general)
Becky
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi,

My dogs are already on the register and they have what I think are reasonably long names, even counting the spaces.

The rules (as I understand them) are that the name must be no longer than 24 LETTERS. I didn't think it took into account of the spacingin as well but nowhere in the registration rules can I find anything to clarify this.

For my dogs, the first part of the names were a mixture of my Son's name, then their name then my name. The second word of the name was to do with what SORT of dog they were in terms of temperament.

Zane is Ozanlauw Ganjak (First work from Oscar, Zane and Laura; second work from ganja king because he's SO laid back).

Ellie is Osellauw Sol Negra (First name from our 3 names and the second & third parts of her name mean "black sun/sunlight" in Spanish)

Yiannis is Osyannlauw Animado (First name as before and second name meaning "spirited" in Spanish).

There are many different ways to think up a name for your dog. What are they like, what do they like doing, do they have a favourite game, favourite family member etc.

If you have concerns over the full length then why not give the KC a call. Their number is 0870 606 6750.

Laura xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Guess what my dogs name is on the activities registar??

Gonna have to think of one for Mia soon!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2