Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 04:38 PM

We've mastered the tunnel!!!!

I just have to tell someone....after 3 or 4 months of agility, Rio was still avoiding the tunnel and wouldn't go anywhere near it in class. Our class just got a new tunnel, so the instructor lent me the old one and I brought it to work. With the use of a clicker, treats and my six year old daughter assisting, Rio has finally mastered the tunnel! I even got Dan to go through it when it was rolled up like a hoop, so that's major progress. As a flock guarding breed they are extremely wary of new objects, so what may seem trivial to a lot of dogs is a massive mental obstacle to them and it really goes against what they are. So I'm really chuffed - we have made a major breakthrough today!

Of course Rogue went through it first time without any encouragement! Typical Jacky!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Its a really good feeling when they 'get' something isn't it.

Well done Rio
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Aw well done!! see time and hard work always pays off!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Well done Rio I bet your really pleased! When I first took Tilly, most of the other dogs wouldn't entertain the tunnel! was it the rigid one or the one with the cloth? (I don't know the technical names for them!)
tilly would run in ok but then reverse out the same end I bought a kids one form the early learning centre & we practised at home with that -then she had no probs at all.

I'm can't wait to go back to classes we both enjoyed it so much!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Wel done, not trivial at all
Took Ben ages but once they get it they love it - and the shoot tunnel too - Ben was so scared of it but now its like there is extra gravity from the tunnel and you have to work harder for them not to get sucked in
Well dont tho - its a really big step teaching your dog to trust you enough to try something scary
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Well Done Rio!!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 11:17 PM
well done rio! thats great she is now going through the tunnel!

when jake went to puppy class, they had a tunnel they had to go through. jake wasnt bothered by it, and was always the fastest one through. but there was a doberman who always refused, his owner encouraged him so much but he was never having any of it lol.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Brilliant! Well done Rio