register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Which food do you feed?
Purina Pro Plan 2 1.27%
Pedigree Professional 0 0%
James Wellbeloved 21 13.38%
Arden Grange 18 11.46%
Orijen 15 9.55%
other 114 72.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi smokeybear,
Thanks, No i will see if i can get hold of these from Amazon. I have just read the Good food cookbook for dogs by Donna Twichell Roberts but that is really just toppers for dry food and reccomends still giving mostly dry food. I can get away with mixing in about a handfull at the moment but thats about it. The other book i am reading at the moment is Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs by Lew Olson which is really interesting and very helpfull.
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:05 PM
My dog is an Anatolian Shepherd..she is not a working dog...
she is fed on Burns Dried Food (holistic) mixed with what ever we eat....she is doing very well on it all....
I reduce the dried food and make up with the food we eat,...
She has Dentix chews for her teeth,and a dried pigs ear occasionally.....and those twisty bones tied like a knot each end to give her teeth and jaws exercise.....

She has two good long run outs in a compound with hubby,where he lets her off lead for a good run,every day.
Her motions are good...as is her health...Vet pleased with her weight and overall condition.....
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:41 PM
mine use to have the frozen meat blocks but seem to have gone of it so now its natures diet and harringtons
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Kodimeg - try feeding the liver/kidney when its frozen, they sometimes prefer it that way.
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Other. Wafcol Slamon &Potato/Lite.

One of the dogs is allergic to beef/chicken/pork etc etc
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi Dobermann, thanks tried some lambs liver mixed in with her chicken casserole and she didn,t seem to notice it and ate it fine, i will try it frozen too, will it not be a bit cold for her stomach though.

Today i just got the chicken pieces out of the fridge and put them into the baking tray walked away for a minuite and saw Kodi was just about to pinch one. pretended not to notice as i wanted to see what she would do. She kind of pawed it for a bit and then pulled the skin of and ate that, then she carefully ate the whole thing bone and all, she seemed to really enjoy it so i will do research on the raw meat diet inbetween work. After spending weeks finding out about home cooked food, anyway its really interesting and great to see the improvement on my dogs on eating real natural food. Anyway i have kept some raw chicken pieces out of the casserole for another day.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I dont think it should be too cold, just let the outer frost come off and feed whilst still frozen - remember your not feeding a whole meals worth of liver with no bone (not a pleasant result!) so if you are feeding cooked, just feed a small bit of frozen liver a couple of times a week or thereabouts (about 5% of the diet should be liver if feeding raw) like a treat, to start with.
BeagleOwner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Since my dog is still a pup, vet recommended me to feed him with Royal Canin. And with that, he gets mixed food that I eat..
In my country that's the best food...
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'm on my 14th year of feeding Arden Grange here!!
Becky
After several conversations and some emails Arden Grange sent me in the post a 7.5 kg bag of food Prestige range no extra charge.
I had won a voucher for 7.5 kg Premier.

So lets hope I can get some weight on him now.

Great service from Arden.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2011, 06:08 PM
My boy is on Arden Grange salmon and rice.

It keeps him in really good condition, his teeth are good, and its a decent value food.
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >