Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2014, 11:28 PM

Stupid parking regs

My sister who lives in Sutton Surrey informs me that for 1 hour parking is banned in her road. This is to stop train commuters parking there all day. They have not issued a visitor permit to cover that hour either.

Just another half baked plan by council officials who more than likely don't live in Sutton and are the ones filling up the streets. They could easily put in a huge multi story car park paid for by the rail companies, as they make a disgustion amount of profit from their customers

I think it is about time someone gave a big kick up the backside to the lot of them.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2014, 09:05 AM
We have the same here, parking was getting really bad for residents,with commuters parking close to the station (there is a car park but you have to pay) The hour can sometimes be a pain, but worth it keeping roads outside your house clearer. Although I do agree a permit for residents would be beneficial.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2014, 09:55 AM
When the road and pavement was all ripped up and redone last year, they marked all along this side of the road [there are no houses the other side] as being No Parking.

The fact that most homes did not have anywhere to park, ie no garages, no way to even get onto their front yard, was immaterial.

Some people - no doubt paying back-handers, got a lowered pavement and a dropped kerb so they could get onto their yard and park.

I do not have a car. But if a taxi comes to pick me up and drop me off, the driver is not permitted to park outside my home, so if someone complains he can get fined. And although I also offered back-handers for a lowered pavement and dropped kerb so I could get out on my scooter or chair, I obviously did not have sufficient "protectziya" as it is known here.

I have a card from the National Insurance Institute stating that I am disabled, and yet even a taxi is not permitted to park outside my house to enable me to get to it?

This is not in town. It is a small agricultural Moshav. There is not even a bus route on the Moshav but I am still not permitted to have a vehicle parked outside my house and I have to drive down past other houses to the nearest tractor path before I can even get on the road to go across to the little shop here.

A permit for residents? What about a specific parking place for a disabled person?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2014, 10:28 AM
nd I have to drive down past other houses to the nearest tractor path before I can even get on the road to go across to the little shop here.
Why not just use the nearest drop pavement of one of your neighbors
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Why not just use the nearest drop pavement of one of your neighbors
The nearest dropped pavement is quite a way past, homes not being squashed on top of each other as in town, and it is actually illegal for me to drive my big road mobility scooter on the pavement, and I can only take Pereg out with the big scooter, not with my little one or my chair.

So yes, I can get across to the shop, albeit a long way round, and take the risk of getting fined for taking Pereg out by driving my road scooter on the pavement - assuming of course that the pavements are not blocked by wheelie bins, but what about when I need a taxi to take Pereg to the Vet and the driver is not permitted to park outside my house to either pick us up or bring us home?

Because there is no parking permitted on this side of the road, and as there are no houses the other side, it only matters to anyone else. Actually there is nowhere safe to park the other side of the road either, as there are drainage ditches all along the other side of the road.

And I did have a dropped pavement and kerb which I had paid for but was ripped up last year, and there were no parking restrictions until the road/pavements were rebuilt.

Or perhaps I am just being a week bit too fussy?