register for free

Dog News

Abandoned pets - on the increase

...has received 17 comments (page 2)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 09:27 PM
thats terrible makes me so sad. how can people do such a thing! my old boy sam was abandoned, and was extremely underweight. he then lived in fear that he would be left again, on walks he would always keep us insight and panicked if he went to far ahead of us. its a terrible thing to do to a dog.

too many people see dogs as disposable some do have valid reasons, but others just dont care.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2010, 10:38 PM
It's such a shame for all the poor doglets I think a lot of people are feeling the pinch, especially after Christmas, but I just don't understand how rehoming their pet even comes into consideration.. Hamish is part of our family and I wouldn't ever consider rehoming him no matter how skint I was!

Deedee x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 03:22 AM
I can't ever understand why society can't learn from years before, we have ads on TV here to say don't buy dogs for people as Christmas presents unless they know they are getting it and can look after it for the next 15yrs and still rescues end up with too many dogs and cats around the christmas period and after. It is so frustrating and beyond belief that there are that many that havent figured it out that dogs arent toys and cant be returned when they dont do what you want them to do, and require your time and attention. May be different countries but it goes to show it is not a country thing it is a global problem.
Just one of the media releases
http://www.rspcaqld.org.au/media/Chr...ion-appeal.pdf
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-01-2010, 07:30 AM
if anyone has room for a dog, now is the time to take a rescue in!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Its all incredibly sad that so many are abandoned and doubtless so many will also lose their lives.
Sadly there's miles too many ignorant unfeeling people out there
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I think it's going to get even worse now with the rspca refusing to take stray/unwanted dogs in.
Brin
New Member!
Male 

06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
I think the goverment should do somthing about dog homes rather than spend the money or street art/sculptures that fall down. In manchester there is a sculpture near the Asda called the B of the Bang what cost a quater of a million pounds and 12 months later half of it fell down.

There is a quater of a million they could of spread over the country to the dog homes to feed these in need animals and a better way to re-home unwanted pets. or abandoned little souls..... Bless them x

I feel for all the dog homes thats why I took the Jack russ in and she is lovely. She used to sing to coronation street but she stopped after I moved house.

I esp feel sorry for the staff homes as there is over breeding on these breeds and all the other breeds.

I do think they should bring the dog licence back into gear this may reduce the amount of dogs thats being bred.

Well thats my views on things...x x
Rose6
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone, this is my first post. We rescued our little dog 12 years ago. She's been a treasure. Her mother, a cross whippet, was abandoned whilst she was pregnant and was seen by two ladies scavenging for food. They followed her to an empty house where she had made a home in pampas grass and was caring for her NINE puppies which were then about two weeks old. All ten of them were taken to a rescue centre and happily were all homed. Our dog Shasa was the runt of the litter and has been a lovely placid dog, wonderful with children. Unfortunately she she has been rather poorly of late and it breaks my heart to see her in pain. I cannot understand the people who abandoned her mother at such a crucial time and they have missed out on a lot of joy.
Rose
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top