Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Junkers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-07-2006, 06:36 PM

hare coursing

hello this is my first post on here in a while.

on wednesday me and my mates were riding our bikes and we seen a dark blue ford ka at the side of the road while the man/lady (we didnt check) was on the phone we stopped about 200 yards down the road at a crossroads and started to wonder why it was there but it went away and we went on the bikes again went past where the car was to see if they had been upto anything outside the car but they hadnt so we went up the road still going away from the crossroads to another turn off and we started to talk and started to laugh about what it was about then a gold vauxhaul astra sallon went past us and stopped close to where the other car was parked about 100 yards closer to us than last time so we went past again and the doors started to oped but we just kept on going to the crossroads and hid behind a wall to spy on them 3 men got out and started to chase something across a field and the car did a U-turn and went onto the other side of the road and a man got out and walked over to where these guys got out and started to watch them so me and my mate went along the road and he spotted us and took a mobilephone out of his pocket and looked at it i stopped and asked what he was doing and he relyed "im using my phone" not knowing that we knew there was other men out of the car so i asked what the other guys were doing and he said "who" and i said i seen 3 other guys getting out the car and running across the field then he said that they were just walking the dog so i went about 100 yards down the road and phoned one of my mates and told him so 5 mins later the car did another U-turn and the man in the car opened the boot and the other guys appeared and one of them just threw the dog in the boot but just as that happened my mate turned up with his GF driving so i stopped my mate and told them that was the guys that was doing dodgy things and we heard alot of revving then the astra took off with loads of smoke puffing out the exhaust my mate got his GF to give chase 5 mins later the gold astra tore past us one of the men put his thumb up at us and one shouted at us i couldnt hear what he said but i was thinking of throwing my bike infront of them but i didnt coz i just got given it then my other mate came round the corner about 2 mins later and told us what happened and gave us the local police number so phoneed and the police said that they were hare coursing and it is illegal so he got given the details about the car like colour, make, model and reg no. has anyone had a similar experiance???.

sorry for no punctuation.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Hare coursing is quite common round here in East Anglia despite it being illegal (hunting with dogs act) and to be perfectly honest-a lot of local people turn a blind eye to it.

Pikeys are the most common people to be involved with Hare coursing cause a lot of money changes hands through betting and its tradition.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Junkers
hello this is my first post on here in a while.

on wednesday me and my mates were riding our bikes and we seen a dark blue ford ka at the side of the road while the man/lady (we didnt check) was on the phone we stopped about 200 yards down the road at a crossroads and started to wonder why it was there but it went away and we went on the bikes again went past where the car was to see if they had been upto anything outside the car but they hadnt so we went up the road still going away from the crossroads to another turn off and we started to talk and started to laugh about what it was about then a gold vauxhaul astra sallon went past us and stopped close to where the other car was parked about 100 yards closer to us than last time so we went past again and the doors started to oped but we just kept on going to the crossroads and hid behind a wall to spy on them 3 men got out and started to chase something across a field and the car did a U-turn and went onto the other side of the road and a man got out and walked over to where these guys got out and started to watch them so me and my mate went along the road and he spotted us and took a mobilephone out of his pocket and looked at it i stopped and asked what he was doing and he relyed "im using my phone" not knowing that we knew there was other men out of the car so i asked what the other guys were doing and he said "who" and i said i seen 3 other guys getting out the car and running across the field then he said that they were just walking the dog so i went about 100 yards down the road and phoned one of my mates and told him so 5 mins later the car did another U-turn and the man in the car opened the boot and the other guys appeared and one of them just threw the dog in the boot but just as that happened my mate turned up with his GF driving so i stopped my mate and told them that was the guys that was doing dodgy things and we heard alot of revving then the astra took off with loads of smoke puffing out the exhaust my mate got his GF to give chase 5 mins later the gold astra tore past us one of the men put his thumb up at us and one shouted at us i couldnt hear what he said but i was thinking of throwing my bike infront of them but i didnt coz i just got given it then my other mate came round the corner about 2 mins later and told us what happened and gave us the local police number so phoneed and the police said that they were hare coursing and it is illegal so he got given the details about the car like colour, make, model and reg no. has anyone had a similar experiance???.

sorry for no punctuation.
That is probably the worst possible account of Hare coursing I have ever heard, utter Rhubarb!
Dawn.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
utter Rhubarb!
Dawn.
Sorry BD that made me laugh..

Junkers
I know nothing about hare coursing at all, but If i was walking my dog with mates and then people started hiding behind walls, watching me and asking me why I was on the fone etc.. I think I would leave quite quickly too

Rachel
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Junkers well done you for reporting the incident .
Some strange things do go on in the countryside and for your own safety if you see something like that happening you are best to get away from the area and don't make it obvious you have seen anything.

I spotted something going on that concerned badgers and I did something about it,it all happened very near my house and I felt scared for days afterwards ...the people involved didn't look like the sort you mess with. They kept their dogs in the boot of the car with no access to fresh air

I am happy to say the badgers were not found and stayed safe
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Off-topic posts removed.