View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 08:06 PM
i am at the vet fri morning i used a tablet from the pet shop it might not have got rid of them all will deff get something from the vet
she just did a poo and there was 1 in there still moving ewwwww
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 08:09 PM
A tablet from the pet shop is not going to work, hence the worms in the poo. Brenda is right, you need to get her to the vets and have something for roundworms and tapeworm. Have you had a dog before
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 08:11 PM
a few times but not a puppy will fri be ok or would you go to the vet tmo x
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 08:11 PM
scrap that i will ring them tmo i am already registered
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 08:13 PM
I am rather concerned that the puppy had obviously never been wormed and the 'breeders' were able to convince you otherwise so easily. Was the puppy microchipped and vaccinated at all, also the parents should have been health tested for certain conditions and you should have had copies of the pedigree and the outcome of the tests

http://www.cockerspaniel-info.org.uk/health.htm

I can see you are in the North West, roughly what area
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 08:22 PM
not chipped but first vax also tail has docked
they said they where waiting for the kc papers to come in the post and would send them on we saw the mum and dad he gave her a tablet while we were there ??
preston lancs
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Its illegal to sell a puppy that has a docked tail unless it is for working purposes, and also illegal to sell a puppy that is not microchipped.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/microchippingfactsheet
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/our-.../tail-docking/
I would ask to see the parents KC registration papers, and also proof of health testing.
Giving a puppy a tablet in front of you does not mean he has wormed it
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 08:40 PM
thank you and for the links some people should not breed they had a small farm with about 20 dogs horses and chickens ect i guess they docked saying she was going to be a working dog they docked 3 other pups as well
grrrrrr
and she had fleas poor love she does look more cared for now and happy they both worked all day so she was in an outdoor cage day and night
i should report them
once the vet has checked her over i will be more happy she is getting chipped this fri and second vax thats the first thing i arranged x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Something you absolutely must do is make an appointment to have her eyes checked out. As you will see from the link regarding health problems, cocker spaniels can be subject to PRA, it is hereditary, and the parents should have had a clear eye test.
This practice used to have an eye clinic every month
http://riverbankvets.ukvol.co.uk/
if they don't there is one in St Helens that does, which I can give you details of as that is the one I use for my adult dogs and litter eye screening before puppies leave me
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by C.J View Post
i bet they where not done at all
the worms in the poo was disgusting but she is so much better running around happy tail wagging x
That's bad - I agree with Tawneywolf, it sounds like she was not wormed - or they did not use a proper pharmaceutical wormer - which you can now buy from pet shops like Pet City, Pets and Home and independent pet stores - most likely is that they used something like Bob Martins worming tablets which are absolutely useless in my opinion.

Even buying Drontal or Panacur from a pet shop is still quite expensive, although not as expensive as from a vet, so the temptation for disreputable breeders is to use cheap tablets.
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »