Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Large cage for sale

The Degus are moving from the mansion into a townhouse I just don't have room for this any more!
This cage would be suitable for degus, rats, the larger hamster species, chipmunks, chinchillas, ferrets, sugar gliders, gerbils and anything else of around about that size I would say that you could house six or seven degus or rats very happily in this cage, it is enormous! (As in, won't fit through the door in one piece enormous- you have been warned!)
The bar spacing is 1cm, and the dimensions are L90 x W70 x H166.
The actual cage is a large parrot cage that has been modified for use with fuzzies. Instead of there being a grate with a tray underneath, the grate has been removed and perspex screwed on. This means that there's a bit of extra space, there's no need to worry about bumblefoot, and they aren't be able to kick nearly as much crap and bedding out of the cage!
There are four levels and five ladders. The ladders aren't in the pictures as mine don't use them. There is also a seed-catcher, but it adds quite a bit extra width and length to the cage and I don't think it will fit on as it is as the perspex is in the way. You're free to have that and the grate though; it could easily be converted back to it's original state by taking the perspex off. It is also on wheels, which is very handy for cleaning it out! There are four smaller doors that food bowls fit into, and I have some springs on hooks (like curtain springs) keeping these closed. I would recommend that you keep these on at all times when the door is not in use, as mine found out that if they sat on the bowl and flicked their tail they could open them! Since this problem has been solved the cage has proved totally escape proof. The big door is parrot proof, so need I say more
There is a small amount of damage from bar chewing, but unless you're looking for it it's not noticable. The enamel on some of the shelves is also smoothed out due to being cleaned. I have been using this cage for about 10 months, and it is still looking in really good shape. The actual cage is very well made and the shelves too are alright, though they appear to have been made for an earlier model of the cage it was nothing that a few longer screws couldn't fix! It is also extremely easy to clean out, you can actually slide out the bottom tray and stand inside it to clean the shelves if you are a short*rse like me!
That's about it I think... Apart from that the wheel in the first picture and the toys in the second are not included, apart from the perch I can add more pics if anyone is interested.
Bearing in mind that the retail price for this cage is £379 and the additional mods to it, I'm asking for £180 or nearest offer. It will have to be for collection only, it would be more trouble than it was worth to ship something this big! (I am located in Gravesend, Kent)

Thanks for looking! Any questions, just ask me.