View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I would rather some people got money to help them keep a pet than all the money that goes to some people popping out babies for a living
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:42 PM
what???

have i got this right??

buy a cat and get paid to keep it???
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Well I would love a big house, maybe I should start a petition to see if they would pay my mortgage, anybody willing to sign it if I do?

This has to be a joke surely? The whole point of these petitions are for serious matters, this makes a mockery of the system.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
what???

have i got this right??

buy a cat and get paid to keep it???
Or pop out a baby or two or three and get paid to bring it up - it's crazy huh!

Nah seriously - the old folk should get a decent pension then they could afford to have the massive privelledge of owning 1 cat
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:52 PM
If they ever devise a test to determine whether a mother has had a child for financial gain (is it possible to end up in pocket? ) or because of all the other reasons that people have children, perhaps you could post a petition to deploy it
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
If they ever devise a test to determine whether a mother has had a child for financial gain (is it possible to end up in pocket? ) or because of all the other reasons that people have children, perhaps you could post a petition to deploy it
That's not the point...The point is that people have things that they can't afford to have and get help what's the difference.

Like I said if these old folk got a decent pension they could afford to keep the damn cat.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I think very few parents can afford children but they are future.
I agree the pension should be adequate for a good standard of living but I really don't think it should be anything to do with cats
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I think very few parents can afford children but they are future.
I agree the pension should be adequate for a good standard of living but I really don't think it should be anything to do with cats
Yeah they are our future...a very over crowded one...We don't need so many so maybe if people only had what they can afford.......................................

Maybe that cat means more to them than anything...maybe they don't smoke or drink or do anything other than get by...They should be able to afford to keep a cat...what does it cost? a few quid a week.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Nobody should get more money than someone else because they want to keep a cat. What about the budgie lovers? This is rediculous!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Nobody should get more money than someone else because they want to keep a cat. What about the budgie lovers? This is rediculous!
err excuse me can you quote where i said they should get more money for a cat in particular. I said if the pension was decent enough and all they did was live to their means that they should be able to have a cat. Thanks
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >