Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
misspuss
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2007, 01:45 PM

Petition Blair for allowance for cats

Hello I hope you nice doggie people don’t mind me posting on a doggie site. Please sign our petition to Tony Blair to give child benefits to cat owner. My elderly people depend on puss for company in their final years and a little help from the government will go a long long way to make their final years just that much more enjoyable.

Thank you very much, please sign
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/lovelycats/
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Is this for real?!?!
The NHS is a disaster in bad need of more money.
As a parent who scrapes the money together for the bills for myself and the kids I take great offence that you are calling for child beneift to be extended to CATS!!!

There are loads of PEOPLE out there in much need of money and goverment funded projects. It would be ridiculous for the government to start handing out money to feed moggies as well.

People are calling for the government to spend money for life saving drugs to help cancer patients and you are calling for it to be spent on feeding cats.

Sorry I can't see the balance there.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 02:30 AM
My sentiments exactly Evie.
Thougth it was a joke at first
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Sorry, no only would that be a total waste of public money I think the Governments petition site is a total waste of public money and this has to be one of the many that clearly show it!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
My sentiments exactly Evie.
Thougth it was a joke at first
Perhaps it is and I just didn't "get" it!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:41 AM
This is a joke right? Has to be.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 11:47 AM
While i agree that there is a lot of things the goverment should be spending money on, i can see the reasoning behind the petition. The way old people are treated in this country is disgracfull and many elderley do often only have a cat/dog/budgie for company as their pension money does not really allow for much else. Lonleyness is a killer in the elderley and having a pet may make their last few year happy. And how many times have we heard that a cat or dog has been put in a rescue center because their elderley owner could no longer cope, in many cases this is due to ill health but in many it is due to money problems.

So what i am trying to say is instead of just giving them extra for cats lets give them extra just because.

The NHS is a disaster in bad need of more money.
The first part i agree with but the giving more money i dont. The nhs has more funding now more than ever, it the people in charge of the money who have made the nhs the state its in.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:50 AM
As it is a perk that would only benefit those that like cats and I don't believe every old person does I think it would a lot fairing for our taxes to go to benefits that affected them all or, or if any bias, towards the poorer, cat lovers or not.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
As it is a perk that would only benefit those that like cats and I don't believe every old person does I think it would a lot fairing for our taxes to go to benefits that affected them all or, or if any bias, towards the poorer, cat lovers or not.
I agree, maybe the goverment at the next budget should give the oaps a little extra "hobby fund" so they can use it for there pets, days out or just for things they like doing but can no longer afford just because of age. After all they are given help for fule payments in winter, but what about there mental health the rest of the year.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I suppose they could spend their heating allowance on a cat to keep them warm if they want
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >