Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
You sound perfect... fancy moving to Scotland?

I should have arrangements for 3-4 out of the 5 days I will be out at work, so would only be needing a dog walker 1-2 days a week
Prefect! I'll pack my bags!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
That really did work out well for you with Bella didn't it KAZZ? More proof that it was written in the stars that you two were destined for each other!
Its a bit like Karma really because many year ago when we had Gyp (who was not keen on dogs) John's mom had an "older GSD" (that's the family dog GSD like ours is Stafford with slight diversions into Westies and Jack Russels ) well Bet and Eric had Storm then and I walked Storm, for them every morning and every evening because she got on with Storm so well.

So Karma I think - I went to school with his sisters too one a year older one a year younger. So I have known him the majority of his life - not wanting anyone to think I would trust Bella with anyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 11:17 PM
You sound perfect... fancy moving to Scotland?

I should have arrangements for 3-4 out of the 5 days I will be out at work, so would only be needing a dog walker 1-2 days a week
Where about in Scotland I friend of mine and a member of Azz's other site Catsey is a dog walker and a good one she is in Aberdeenshire.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Its a bit like Karma really because many year ago when we had Gyp (who was not keen on dogs) John's mom had an "older GSD" (that's the family dog GSD like ours is Stafford with slight diversions into Westies and Jack Russels ) well Bet and Eric had Storm then and I walked Storm, for them every morning and every evening because she got on with Storm so well.

So Karma I think - I went to school with his sisters too one a year older one a year younger. So I have known him the majority of his life - not wanting anyone to think I would trust Bella with anyone.
Yeah right! AS IF I WOULD THINK THAT lol!
Why d'ya think it's taken me more than SEVEN YEARS to find someone I thought I could trust with MY dog since I moved here! I've had plenty of offers!

My life would have been smoother and easier if I'd taken up some of those offers. But I'd no more leave my dawg with someone I wasn't 100% about than I would have left one of my babies! (I am the muvver who even went back and spied through the window the first time she left her first born with her own mother for a few hours! I kid you not!)

*in fact thanks KAZZ you've reminded me of that time 37 yrs ago now and made me laugh. My then husband never let me forget it! We were supposed to be going to a 'do' and I wouldn't set off before I'd 'checked' lol!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:13 AM
I live to serve your funny bone.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:23 AM
I am in Edinburgh just now but will be going out more West Lothian way. Wee bit far from Aberdeen

Thanks though!
Word of mouth would be my preferred method of how to choose a dog walker!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Tang - I have no children so can't comment on that scenario but I am like that with the dog. I am verrry fussy about who walks him, including family members!

But my next door neighbour has a friend who walks her dogs who she totally trusts (she doesn't trust people easily with hers either) and it has made me consider it when I move.

(Unfortunately too far away when I move to have her dog walker too lol.)
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I have a dog walker for Marco, the lady we use is the same person who runs our puppy training class, she walks him on the days that hubby is on day shift.

Like others have said I couldn't use just anyone, there is someone who advertises in our groomers who offers twice the amount of time that we get for the same price but I wouldn't think of swapping.

Rita is so good with dogs, she fills in a report sheet after each walk and advises us re Marco, the other day she wrote recommending us taking him to the groomers as the hair in his ears seemed to be bothering him - we hadn't picked up on that and when hubby nipped him into the groomers she took out loads of hair.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Tang - I have no children so can't comment on that scenario but I am like that with the dog. I am verrry fussy about who walks him, including family members!

But my next door neighbour has a friend who walks her dogs who she totally trusts (she doesn't trust people easily with hers either) and it has made me consider it when I move.

(Unfortunately too far away when I move to have her dog walker too lol.)
Oh Kammi I think people who have no children are even MORE fussy about their dogs! I do understand where you are coming from (I hate that phrase - why did I say that - blame KAZZ she is making me laugh!)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
I have a dog walker for Marco, the lady we use is the same person who runs our puppy training class, she walks him on the days that hubby is on day shift.

Like others have said I couldn't use just anyone, there is someone who advertises in our groomers who offers twice the amount of time that we get for the same price but I wouldn't think of swapping.

Rita is so good with dogs, she fills in a report sheet after each walk and advises us re Marco, the other day she wrote recommending us taking him to the groomers as the hair in his ears seemed to be bothering him - we hadn't picked up on that and when hubby nipped him into the groomers she took out loads of hair.
How could you NOT notice hairs in your dog's ears lol! I would rush off and check Bella's but I've no idea where she's hidden herself!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >