Our sister sites
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-12-2007, 04:50 PM

"Another irresponsible owner" Rottie attack :(

Also from the BBC news site:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/7165994.stm

The damage owners like this are doing to the breed reputation and indeed the reputation of dogs on the whole is astounding.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Maybe it's about time responsible owners spoke out and bombarded the media with the right way to go about things.
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Too right Becky, I think I'll give em a phone, last summer the BBC were on the phone to me asking for the blood donor's story.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Maybe it's about time responsible owners spoke out and bombarded the media with the right way to go about things.
Becky
Well said Becky , I couldnt agree more xxdk
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I found this under related sites on the bbc website, do you think there is any point contacting them and saying what we think??
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Would helpif i put the site link on
Defra, UK - Contacting Defra
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Definately, a whole PR campaign is needed.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Definately, a whole PR campaign is needed.
Rotties got the best press they've ever had last year with MY dogs, but alas, the press has a short memory.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Alas they have short memories - look at the fabulous work the Rottie P.A.T Dog of the Year has achieved and so little press about it

Only today in a well known doggie-paper I read of two wonderful stories about 2 separate incidents whereby a GSD saved a young boys life by tracking him when air and search teams failed. He had learning difficulties. The little boy was found safe and unharmed.

The second article was about a Staffie and a Rottie cross in Australia who saved a boy from drowning.

Although wonderful to read, I found it very sad that they were such tiny little articles tucked away in the paper In this anti-dog age it would have been fabulous to really draw attention to articles like this to give some much-needed pro-dog press! I guess we should be grateful we know about it at all!!

All of these breeds (and crosses) are greatly maligned and yet none of the 'ordinary' press published anything about these wonderful stories. However, if they had been involved in an attack of some sort you can better your bottom dollar it would have been splashed over the front page accompanied no doubt by the obligatory snarling dog photo.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 09:24 PM
my neighbour has the most adorable rottie girl,im her best friend now as i give her ear rubbings, and lots of fuss, ive been rottiefied
but hes a resposable owner.we are going to let the dogs get to know each other b4 they meet up and play.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >