Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
well for tea tonight i had a small chicken breast, courgettes, corn on the cob and a bowl of homemade mushroom soup....at a grand total of 4 points!!!!

I have made no point soup before but i want a huge fan of it!
and as for WW bread....i couldnt see the point!!!ha ha!!
Indeed it is liking eating air, somtimes I have a slice toasted on a night with a bit of jam on and a cuppa (yes yes I know I do live the high life! )

I don't do WW properly now, but more than anything else it got me checking the sat fat and calories on packets of food. For example sandwiches, it's frightning how much fat/cals are in some, and you eat them without giving it a thought. Even now I look and put stuff back on the shelf it it is really high!!! erm, well most of the time anyway I'm not a big sweet tooth, more a savoury girl, have had to give the cheese and crisps a miss
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Try the no points soup with a bit of chicken or something in it... Makes it about a 2 point soup instead but a bit more filling!
I had to count 2 points yesterday for 1 chocolate truffle that a colleague had brought back from Scotland but you know what? It was 2 points well spent. Could have had a bag of Snack a Jacks instead but sometimes nothing else but the choccie will do
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Indeed it is liking eating air, somtimes I have a slice toasted on a night with a bit of jam on and a cuppa (yes yes I know I do live the high life! )

I don't do WW properly now, but more than anything else it got me checking the sat fat and calories on packets of food. For example sandwiches, it's frightning how much fat/cals are in some, and you eat them without giving it a thought. Even now I look and put stuff back on the shelf it it is really high!!! erm, well most of the time anyway I'm not a big sweet tooth, more a savoury girl, have had to give the cheese and crisps a miss

It is shocking how much fat can be in the SALADS!!!!
its such a shame that puff pastry is so high in points!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Good luck Alex, you can lose a pile of weight in 16 weeks. I don't bother with WW bread either - it's so disappointing, I'd rather just do without. As for no-point soup, the clue's in the title! No, actually, some no-point soup is fine, but I don't think it counts as a meal. I usually add a handful of lentils, or some milk to my soups. Like Wuffles, I think a bit of protein in there will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Good luck Alex, you can lose a pile of weight in 16 weeks. I don't bother with WW bread either - it's so disappointing, I'd rather just do without. As for no-point soup, the clue's in the title! No, actually, some no-point soup is fine, but I don't think it counts as a meal. I usually add a handful of lentils, or some milk to my soups. Like Wuffles, I think a bit of protein in there will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
I have normal bread but less of it. Much more satisfying in the long run. If I've had no point soup without protein, I've always had crusty bread or something. Either that or bulk it up with protein and skip the bread. Swings and roundabouts really. It depends what bits are more important to you and which are less...like yesterday's lonely truffle!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Try the no points soup with a bit of chicken or something in it... Makes it about a 2 point soup instead but a bit more filling!
I had to count 2 points yesterday for 1 chocolate truffle that a colleague had brought back from Scotland but you know what? It was 2 points well spent. Could have had a bag of Snack a Jacks instead but sometimes nothing else but the choccie will do
If you need i have the recipe for carrot and coriander soup with about1/2 point ber portion and mushroom soup for abour 1 point per portion!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
If you need i have the recipe for carrot and coriander soup with about1/2 point ber portion and mushroom soup for abour 1 point per portion!
Ooooh, yes please! If I find any recipes for you, I'll pass them on too. I've paid to do WW online so have access to everything there and am happy to share if it helps you too.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:37 PM
ill post the recipes on here.

Carrot and coriander soup

5 carrots peeled and chopped
1 large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 veg stock cubes

Gently fry onion and garlic in a tsp of oil until browned...
add to carrots in a large pan
dissolve stock in boiling water and add enough water to carrots etc
boil for 25 mins.

Add coriander and black pepper

Blend...

(also really nice if you add 4 rashers of bacon with onions but just ups the points!)

Mushroom Soup

for one portion

125g sliced mushroom
1 chopped garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
cook for 5 mins in 1 tbsp oil
add 200ml veg stock

simmer for 5 mins

add 1 tbsp philly light

blend...

mmmm yummy!
wufflehoond