Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow

i also attend Chester and cannot stand the hospital

are you going in the Royal?

that is a lovely hospital, where my friend John was for 9 months
I was at Aintree hospital, formerly known as Fazakerley. The op should have been done in Chester in January but was cancelled due to a bug which closed a number of wards. I had the same surgeon who travelled to Aintree to do the op.

I am just finding my feet, it's the anaesthetic which seems to take ages to get out of my system. Things went ok with the op but had/have excess swelling and bruising. Had 2 blood clots which had to be squeezed out of the scar which hurt like hell! Just so glad to be back home.

The day I came home was still looking like a chipmunk chewing a tennis ball and very green and purple on my face and neck.... I wonder if our dogs see us any differently when we look so different? Of course they both were excited to see me and sniffed me head to toe but especially round my face.
What do you think, do dogs know that we look different?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry I missed this thread ,Im so pleased you got your date hun, It can be awful awaiting an op date ,So pleased all went well , I know my three always act different towards me after I have had surgery they seem more attentive and affectionate than usual , When I had oral surgery a few years back to remove a tumour my old boy Juke kept looking at me tilting his head and sniffing around my face and licking the swollen area of my face ,So I would say yes they do know when something is different or at least they sense something different xxdk
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Glad you are home and that things went well Lyn.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2