View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mforster85
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2008, 12:23 PM
i agree that babies are only as expensive as you make them, but the older they get the more they want and need my daughter isnt even 2 yet and taking her shopping is like shopping with paris hilton lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
well my freind has saved her cot, high chair, pram and bottles etc in case we wanted them as she has said she will never have another child! so there isnt that to count for...just car seats, clothing, etc and nappies to buy!
That is really lucky! Well you are well set now, just got to do the fun part.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 12:55 PM
don't forget the baby activities though....the Jo Jingles/Tumble Tots/Mother and Toddler groups, they can all add up as well...

But 60 to 100 should be fine.
Also you will need bibs, you will need spoons and bowls and icecube trays (my son was home made fooded too!!!)

Babies are the cheap bit...the first year is cheap....after that it costs a fortune....
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
don't forget the baby activities though....the Jo Jingles/Tumble Tots/Mother and Toddler groups, they can all add up as well...
But 60 to 100 should be fine.
Also you will need bibs, you will need spoons and bowls and icecube trays (my son was home made fooded too!!!)

Babies are the cheap bit...the first year is cheap....after that it costs a fortune....
there is a local baby signing thing round the corner that is £5 per session (about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and also china can help entertain - if sleeping is entertainment...

Anyway after the first yr i should be working again and bringing more money in
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
That is really lucky! Well you are well set now, just got to do the fun part.
well yes but we shall"practise" for the first few months so i can still fit into my wedding dress in august!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by mforster85 View Post
i agree that babies are only as expensive as you make them, but the older they get the more they want and need my daughter isnt even 2 yet and taking her shopping is like shopping with paris hilton lol
that really made me giggle!!!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Babies cost far more than we could ever afford I can see my OH telling me for the rest of our lives that "we'll discuss it when we can afford it"

Seriously, though, all the best and don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen straight away. My ex-SIL spent years trying to have a baby and had two attempts at IVF. Eventually, she gave up and used the rest of the money to buy an expensive and flashy car... two months later she was pregnant and had to sell the car for something more "family" orientated!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
Babies cost far more than we could ever afford I can see my OH telling me for the rest of our lives that "we'll discuss it when we can afford it"

Seriously, though, all the best and don't be disheartened if it doesn't happen straight away. My ex-SIL spent years trying to have a baby and had two attempts at IVF. Eventually, she gave up and used the rest of the money to buy an expensive and flashy car... two months later she was pregnant and had to sell the car for something more "family" orientated!

i know it can take a while esp as i have just come off the pill so it can take while for the body to adjust to that...

everything crossed (well not everything might make it a bit difficult
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i know it can take a while esp as i have just come off the pill so it can take while for the body to adjust to that...

everything crossed (well not everything might make it a bit difficult
Saying that mind you hun I got pregnant the month after comming off the pill and I was on it for over 2 yrs straight
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Clair View Post
Saying that mind you hun I got pregnant the month after comming off the pill and I was on it for over 2 yrs straight
hence the reason i will be using protection for the first few months so that whilst my body gets back in to the natural swing of things i dont get pregnant, then in march/april we will start trying.... that way if i do catch straightaway i wont be more than 4 months pregnant on the wedding day!
thats if mother nature agrees to the plan!

ps have been on pill for 8yrs
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >