View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 07:40 PM
All I can add is, Lifes too short....I have tried lots of different things and it took me a while to realise that its true. Good luck in whatever you decide to do
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 08:34 PM
It is hard to go into business....I've been at the pet shop for about 8 months now.
I only take £200 a week wages - and I work 7 days a week - but I knew this when I took it on - it could continue like this for a couple of years until I start paying off the loans.

The customers round mine are all stubborn, and complain when something goes up 10p...but I smile nicely, and I put a note on my counter saying unfortunately stock sometimes goes up, and I have absorbed the increases for long enough!

Are you sure you will be able to get all your money back from selling it though?
I know I wouldn't.......not only because I will pay £20k more than my loan was for (in interest), but I also spent a few thousand on solicitors fee's etc.

On Sunday I changed the shop around, and I keep getting new products in...customers hate it for a while, but believe me, they soon grow to like changes!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 10:24 PM
i wont sell for another 6-10 months yet so am gonna increase the stock etc over that time... my solicitors fees weren't taken out of loans etc as i had saved that up....
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Sorry that things have not worked out for you, my mum had the same problem with her flower shop and got out straight away but her partner is still going it picked up for her before Christmas but as you said yourself you do not get much back for all your hard work
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3