Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Bored

Don't know whats the matter with us lately. I just constantly feel bored. I feel bored at work and am bored with housework (well who isn't lol) I take the dogs for a walk but then we come home and the dogs look bored. I think we need to find something exciting and challenging to do together, but as money is so tight I can't think what.
If I try and do some training at home with Shady, Milo starts yapping his head off and if I try and do something with Milo Shady pushes in the way and as she weighs 36kg and Milo only 6kg Shady wins. If I shut Shady indoors she goes mental and tries to crash through the patio windows and then milo runs off and barks and leaps at the patio windows back to wind her up some more.
They need more mental stimulation so I now need to pick your brains for some ideas to spice our lives up, that won't cause chaos.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Can you get a friend or family member to join you on the training that way you can work with both dogs ,just a thiught ,but ill keep thinking xxxdk
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Agree with Dk, maybe if you could take it in turns with a friend or family member so both dogs could get some training at once. Or if there are 2 of you working both dogs, how about trying your hand to some of the agilty equipment Mahooli made?
fran
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm feeling a bit like that myself at the moment, and I know that Tuscan is going to be really sulky next week when his little person and big people go back to school and college. I lost my job in June due to cutbacks so will probably be at a lose end myself. So we are going to start clicker training
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes i feel like that a lot lately too, after losing my job although its been the 6 weeks holidays and i've had my daughter around the boredom is mind numbing.

Dont know what to do with myself half the time
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I think it's the time of year. Nights are starting to draw in and autumn is on the way.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Well if you and doglets are all better now, when are you getting back to agility !
Let me know whens a good day for you [ not Friday afternoons ], and you can get cracking again - they will be missing it ya know
And bring Charley whenever you can as well, she`s a terrific natural handler even though she does`nt realise it !
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Patch I will pm you.