Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 03:56 PM

What things have you washed

In the washing machine

I am a sod for not checking pockets,getting better though
Got a rather urgent call from Lizzie earlier,she said you haven't washed my jeans yet have you cos my bank card is in my pocket Thankfully I hadn't

I have in the past washed O/H's wallet,no money in there but a few receipts for work he's had done on his car,fishing license's etc and I have washed two £5 notes which I had to take into the bank for them to change
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Sal the bane of my life is tissues left in pockets which disintegrate to leave a multitude of white bits sticking to the washing

I have washed many notes over the years but luckily they all have emerged sufficiently intact to be able to see the number and take them to bank to be swapped.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2012, 04:48 PM
I seem to wash £20 notes quite often because they go in the tiny pocket in my jeans and fold up small but all survive to be spent. Tissues are a nightmare but the tumble dryer sorts them out, you should see what emerges from the filter in my tumble dryer
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Dog treats I forget to check jacket pockets & next time I put them on the pockets are all stuck together
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Tissues and money mostly - but only when I used to carry money around, these days I use plastic

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Dog treats I forget to check jacket pockets & next time I put them on the pockets are all stuck together
Lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I once washed my entire handbag including all its contents by mistake of course!!! We had builders in and around the house, I had to nip out with the dogs, didn't want to leave the handbag in the car, so on my way out, I put it in the washing machine. On my return, I forgot about it, and carried on as per usual, putting washing in the machine, the rest is history!!

I washed a big, furry bed throw from Tesco, didn't read the label that said "do not wash", and it disintegrated into big clumps of wet tissue paper clogged up the whole machine, which Dave had to tilt up and flush through, it worked for years afterwards though

£100 in £20 notes all neatly folded in Dave's back pocket (I never checked pockets then, but I do now), came out wet and stuck together, got slapped on the radiators and was all nice and clean and crispy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Is the washing of money called money laundering. Boom boom.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I once washed OH season ticket for the football matches.

I often wash tissues and treats.

LOL at you H washing your handbag!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I have washed my mobile phone. I came downstairs carrying a load of washing and my mobile and just shoeved the lot in the washing machine without thinking.
Luckily once I had dried it out it worked properly again.
Tissues are often washed much to my great annoyance. The mess on the clothes is awful.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Tissues are a pain in the proverbial, I am for ever washing them

Week before last I washed hubby's jeans, it wasn't until I put them on the line that I found his wallet
Luckily money, cards, driving license, all dried out beautifully
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >