View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Try to get as much rest as you can during the day. Easier said than done, I know. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow, that's like having one 16 pounder, and a week late too!!!! Your mum is amazing!
We have a pic of her with three cats curled up on her belly... at 8 months She was HUGE! Couldn't fit behind the wheel of the car, couldn't fit through the grocery store checkout, couldn't even lay down towards the end...

My Mom is my Hero! and Why I'm never having kids Twins are in every matriarchal generation going back at least 5 generations... I'm not that brave!

Good luck! I hope you dont have to wait much longer!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes Akitagirl - GET A MOVE ON PLEASE - pictures are needed.....I am going to be offline from Thursday morning until I get to the uK on Monday. xx Good luck xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Aw thanks guys xxxx

(And just to add a bit more excitement, TODAY Paul has been offered a transfer within his company to SCOTLAND!!!!!! -we've been wanting to relocate up there for a few years now, but are too sensible/boring to do so without a job in place for at least one of us, so he got a new job for a bigger, international company- he phoned me earlier, we knew it was coming soon but we didn't know exactly when, wwwarrrggh, extra exciting times, but that's a whole other thread, and one we can't start to plan and set in motion properly until BABY GETS HERE - COME ON!!!!)
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Aw thanks guys xxxx

(And just to add a bit more excitement, TODAY Paul has been offered a transfer within his company to SCOTLAND!!!!!! -we've been wanting to relocate up there for a few years now, but are too sensible/boring to do so without a job in place for at least one of us, so he got a new job for a bigger, international company- he phoned me earlier, we knew it was coming soon but we didn't know exactly when, wwwarrrggh, extra exciting times, but that's a whole other thread, and one we can't start to plan and set in motion properly until BABY GETS HERE - COME ON!!!!)
cool! will it still be quite a 'far ranging' job so you can choose from a lot of areas to stay in or is it more specific (area wise)? HURRY UP BABY!!! maybe at this rate he will be born Scottish
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
cool! will it still be quite a 'far ranging' job so you can choose from a lot of areas to stay in or is it more specific (area wise)? HURRY UP BABY!!! maybe at this rate he will be born Scottish

The baby will have a funny accent, we're both from Yorkshire yet he'll be mixing with Scots as he learns to speak .

The majority of the sites are around Glagsow, then just one in Falkirk and one in Stirling, and 2 up in Aberdeen - but we won't live that high up, that'll be an overnight stay when he works up there. I'm a freelance interpreter for Deaf people so most work for me is around Glasgow and Edinburgh (also, there is only ONE qualified BSL interpreter around the borders so I'm told and she's close to retirement age ) so we can be quite flexible with where we choose to live - good job - need to find a house to rent that'll allow 2 big hairy dogs . We're not selling up and buying, we're doing the whole letting/renting thing for a little while..

alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:06 PM
oh how exciting Can I just recommend the Falkirk area (I'm from Cumbernauld ) and such places. Glasgow is fab and will always be home to me, but it's nicer to live outwith the city area, and better for raising children
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:07 PM

The baby will have a funny accent, we're both from Yorkshire yet he'll be mixing with Scots as he learns to speak .

The majority of the sites are around Glagsow, then just one in Falkirk and one in Stirling, and 2 up in Aberdeen - but we won't live that high up, that'll be an overnight stay when he works up there. I'm a freelance interpreter for Deaf people so most work for me is around Glasgow and Edinburgh (also, there is only ONE qualified BSL interpreter around the borders so I'm told and she's close to retirement age ) so we can be quite flexible with where we choose to live - good job - need to find a house to rent that'll allow 2 big hairy dogs . We're not selling up and buying, we're doing the whole letting/renting thing for a little while..

cool, if your central belt area, its not too far from anywhere up here tbh, as long as you drive. Even Aberdeen's just a few hours drive away
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
oh how exciting Can I just recommend the Falkirk area (I'm from Cumbernauld ) and such places. Glasgow is fab and will always be home to me, but it's nicer to live outwith the city area, and better for raising children
and better for commuting too

always remember that advert..."what's it called, CUMBERNAULD!"
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:44 PM
How are thing now, Luce? Anything happening?!

And a mahoosive YAY to you moving up to bonny Scotland! We will be able to meet up, I only live 30 minutes West of Glasgow and.....West is definitely best!
Page 5 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »