View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm wrong hun, it was 9 days for me - it just felt soooo much longer. I just found a post I made shortly after my due date and boy was I moaning about it. I know exactly how you feel, you poor girl.

Hugs to you - I really hope your little one makes an appearance soon. Then you'll just have sleepless nights and feeding to worry about.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I was induced 14 days overdue...longest 14 days of my life!!! Though when I went in to be induced within 10 minutes of them starting to induce me and warn me it would need to be repeated the following morning before it would work, I was in strong labour!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I was induced 14 days overdue...longest 14 days of my life!!! Though when I went in to be induced within 10 minutes of them starting to induce me and warn me it would need to be repeated the following morning before it would work, I was in strong labour!
Oh my! You poor thing too!!!

Wow, it's good you went straight into strong labour (in a way?!) as i've read a lot of horror stories about induction making things more painful and more drawn out!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes, ive heard that too, I had complications (unrelated to induction) which made things much more painful. But all good in the end
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:47 PM
sorry to gloat but luca my first was 2 days early and lola 3 weeks early so if this one comes late I will be insane !!!

Really hope your baba gets on with it soon !!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Both my boys were late and came of their own accord. Being 30 and 26 years go I can't remeber exactly how many days overdue they were.

I hope he moves soon for you so you can get more comfortable. Try to wait for Paul to get home though.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Well - if it had not been a leap year...

...my daughter, my firstborn, was due on Tuesday 13 March 1968. And my twin and I were born on 13 March 19somthingorother.

And my daughter actually turned up on the day she was due.

Only it was a leap year so Tuesday 13 March 1968 was, in fact, Tuesday 12 March 1968.

Son, second and lastborn, was four weeks early which was A Good Thing as they had been threatening me with a 10lb baby [no scans in those days, just guesses]. As it was he was 7lb 14oz and that was four weeks early?

Your bubby will turn up when he is ready. He probably is far too comfortable where he is at the moment and cannot be bothered to make the effort to stir himself and enter the world.

But he will, and I have already booked my place to be his honorary grandma!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Never given birth so can't give you any stories - just wishing you all the best for your upcoming delivery and I hope it's soon for you!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't think I could stand the wait either if it were me. My 2 were both early.

My eldest was 4 weeks early, I didn't even realise I was in labour I just kept getting twinges that paracetamol wasn't getting rid of so rang the hospital to ask if I could take something else and when they asked me to describe the pain and the length of gap between they said to get my ass in asap, I was only there for a couple of minutes before my waters broke and shortly after my son was born, he came so fast they had no time to give me pain relief.

My second was a week early I was booked in for induction due to health concerns but when I arrived they discovered my cervix was already fully open so told me to go home and if I hadn't gone into labour through the night to go back in the morning for my waters to be broken which I did and was in heavy labour within minutes.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 11:06 PM
With my first son I was given 3 choices of dates, before the Easter, middle of Easter or after the Easter.

Already 15 days overdue and a breach I chose before ... thinking of all those choc's I went in on the 11th April to be induced and have what they called a controlled birth (with the possibility of a C section) spent the whole of the 12th in labour and finally they got him out on the 13th then spent Easter in hospital

However with the second my dates where for the 26th May, but I fell down the stairs on the 21st May, he decided it was too rocky in there and was born 40 mins later Thankfully no harm done
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »