View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 01:51 PM

3 days overdue (update with photo @ post 167 )

with my first little 2 legged bundle

I'm so impatient, grumpy, uncomfortable and bored in anticipation, and fed up of people texting me asking if i've had any twinges because I haven't had a single flutter!

This morning I persuaded my hubby to go away to work (150miles away today) as he wanted to stay local. I'm not walking both dogs together at the moment, hubby walked them very early this morning as usual so I've just had them out for a drive to the beach to watch other doggies (poor dogs, what a tease!) and we shared a fish. I've eaten all the junk food in the house, moved the cot into our bedroom, had some pineapple juice but nothing

Luckily I know i'm being induced 12 days overdue, a week on Wednesday.

How late was your first?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I was late too. It was around 12 - 14 days (I can't remember exactly ) I wasn't induced though but offered a sweep. I went into labour shortly afterwards. I really feel for you because I know how uncomfortable it can be when it goes on and on ...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2011, 02:00 PM
My first was 10 days overdue and no amount of decorating and moving of furniture etc made him get a move on either Labour started at 3 am the morning they were due to induce me, he still didn't put in an appearance until about 6pm when he arrived in a rush. So typical of him and the story of his life dawdle in and then expect everyone to rush around and dance to his tune. His younger brother however arrived 3 weeks early and popped out just as I arrived in the delivery room, barely gave me time to get on the bed
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I was late too. It was around 12 - 14 days (I can't remember exactly ) I wasn't induced though but offered a sweep. I went into labour shortly afterwards. I really feel for you because I know how uncomfortable it can be when it goes on and on ...
This has been the worst part yet it should be the most exciting as it's so close I feel guilty feeling like this. I have awful acid reflux each night which makes me sick, and just cannot get comfy in bed.

I initially refused a sweep, but might go for it this Friday at my 41 midwife appt if nothing at all by then...

Ee i can't believe you weren't induced by then, you poor thing, 2 weeks is a LONG time! They seem more keen to induce sooner recently, I heard it used to be 14 days, but now it's 12, in case you're in labour for 2 days, eek!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:04 PM
My youngest was two weeks overdue and then had to be induced. So laid back then and so laid back now and he's 36 next month
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
My first was 10 days overdue and no amount of decorating and moving of furniture etc made him get a move on either Labour started at 3 am the morning they were due to induce me, he still didn't put in an appearance until about 6pm when he arrived in a rush. So typical of him and the story of his life dawdle in and then expect everyone to rush around and dance to his tune. His younger brother however arrived 3 weeks early and popped out just as I arrived in the delivery room, barely gave me time to get on the bed
Oeeuf, 10 days overdue Eee i bet that was a shock with your second!!! Wow!

This little fella's been lazy all the way through, never a big kicker, squirmer, just has the hiccups a lot and that's about as active as he gotten for very long, LOL!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
My youngest was two weeks overdue and then had to be induced. So laid back then and so laid back now and he's 36 next month
Oh man! you poor thing too!

It's the MALES always it seems!!! This one's dad can be a lazy lump!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:12 PM
My daughter was a week overdue according to dates (I did not have any scans or anything) I managed to hang on until we reached the delivery room and then, like shelling peas.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oeeuf, 10 days overdue Eee i bet that was a shock with your second!!! Wow!

This little fella's been lazy all the way through, never a big kicker, squirmer, just has the hiccups a lot and that's about as active as he gotten for very long, LOL!
I know which one I prefered though

My first used to kick so hard people used to comment on it, I'd be in meetings at work and my belly would be jiggling around all over the place distracting people. The second one just seemed to stick his foot up under my ribcage and push against it which gave me really bad heartburn.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
My daughter was a week overdue according to dates (I did not have any scans or anything) I managed to hang on until we reached the delivery room and then, like shelling peas.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I know which one I prefered though

My first used to kick so hard people used to comment on it, I'd be in meetings at work and my belly would be jiggling around all over the place distracting people. The second one just seemed to stick his foot up under my ribcage and push against it which gave me really bad heartburn.
Haha wow, I always wonder if other people notice my big movements in my belly! Once I was interpreting at quite a big conference infront of 100 or so people, and standing, and he started Nobody commented though, except the person who I was interpreting for who asked if I was ok and what was wrong with my baby?

Ouch! i know the rib thing, he's been breech all along till just recently around 38 weeks, and his head was lodged between my ribs for weeks, you could see it bulging out
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »