View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-06-2005, 10:22 AM
At the moment the only exercise I can have is REST, but I used to take the dogs on long walks and often used to walk to the local city 4 miles away.

I did buy an exercise bike before all my problems started, hopefully I will be able to use that to keep fit.

Ian
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Pilates
It's sooooo good for you - and doesn't make you pink and sweaty

Agree 100%, I do pilates cause I have bad back/neck trouble (had both my kids by c-sections) and it works wonders - strengthens my inner core

I also use a Lateral Thigh Trainer but I've only just got this so will keep you updated as to whether it is any good or not
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 11:35 AM
i do an aquafit class once a week, walk the dog and thats about it - I hate exercise for the sake of it - hate aerobics etc -

I like things that dont seem like exercise - would much rather go for a long walk than goto the gym
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
I hate exercise for the sake of it - hate aerobics etc -
The worst about aerobic is the instructors

I mean, how annoying are they
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by annestaff
What about you Azz, what do you do?

I'm always saying I'm going to do something, but find myself sitting here exercising my fingers
lol Anne, my fingers are always on the go too!

have done various things in my time, squash, swimming, (football in my younger days) martial arts, badmington. However not really doing much at present, Rocky was to get me walking again and hopefully will go walking up the mountains like we did yesterday (ouch am hurting today!). I do love swimming tho but hate all the 'germs' in the pools lol! (so will have to move somewhere warm with a nice beach!). We used to have gym in the old house but never used it much! However once the house is done will definately get the rower out as I quite enjoy that
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I try and cycle 30km on an exercise bike at least 3 times a week thats it apart from all the usual housework and running around after the kids and dog walking
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2005, 01:58 PM
The best way to keep fit is to only put the best into your body,
that is lots of fruit, nuts and vegetables.. everything organic and locally grown when possible.No artificial colours /preservative/or bought pre prepared food.
Have a good brisk walk for at least half an hour every day.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Now I don't like gyms cos they've got this stupid rule about not smoking

So instead, I mainly get my exercise from sitting in a moderately upright position, exercising my wrists by gently by lifting coke can/wine glass to mouth and back again (repeat as necessary), and I work on my hand-eye co-ordination by rolling cigarettes, typing and stopping Sophie from licking OH's guitar strings, all at the same time.

All in all, a heavy work out.

Becs
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath

So instead, I mainly get my exercise from sitting in a moderately upright position, exercising my wrists by gently by lifting coke can/wine glass to mouth and back again (repeat as necessary), and I work on my hand-eye co-ordination by rolling cigarettes, typing and stopping Sophie from licking OH's guitar strings, all at the same time.

Becs
Do you say blond things in a very energetic way like the aerobic instructors?
Might help
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath

Becs

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >