Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:23 AM

Can I just share my excitement!!!

I've been sick in bed all week (a rotten cold) and am really starting to get things organised for our wedding - not till June next year! (on my father's birthday)

Here is my dress!!!! (bought secondhand)

My sister's (one and only bridesmaid/maid of honour)

And our centrepieces (secondhand )

Just incase you're curious...this is the venue, a 17 century manor in the next village to my parent in Yorkshire, in lovely grounds...together with a marquee.

http://www.pinchinthorpehall.co.uk/

I can't wait! Now all we dream of is Mr Zeke fighting this evil cancer and still being here one year after diagnosis so he can come too! The dogs have permission into the grounds It goes without saying that the importance of this outweighs anything else on the big day.

Positive vibes people!!!!!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow that is an amazing dress!!!
Zeke wouldn't miss his mum getting married, he is gonna walk you up the aisle isnt he?!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Stunning and what bargains.

I love the manor but we just love Yorkshire and Derbyshire anyway. Gordens family originate from Yorkshire.

Goes without saying everything crossed Zeke will be with you on your big day.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Wow that is an amazing dress!!!
Zeke wouldn't miss his mum getting married, he is gonna walk you up the aisle isnt he?!!
Thanks you xxx it's around £1500 new you know (Ian Stuart) but I got it for less than half that

You guessed it! Hopefully - with our rings in his backpack
as a surprise for Paul, he won't believe it and will sob his heart out!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Stunning and what bargains.

I love the manor but we just love Yorkshire and Derbyshire anyway. Gordens family originate from Yorkshire.

Goes without saying everything crossed Zeke will be with you on your big day.
Thankyou xx It's just under roseberry topping. They recently received a lottery grant and the grounds are being restored a little at the mo, they're digging back the original moat and building a new bridge!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Wow that dress is stunning! When i was sorting our wedding (3 years ago on tuesday ) Ebay was my very best friend and saved us £££££.

The grounds look lovely as well and i am sure your boy will be here to enjoy it with you. Are you getting him a little bow tie or anything?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Wow that dress is stunning! When i was sorting our wedding (3 years ago on tuesday ) Ebay was my very best friend and saved us £££££.

The grounds look lovely as well and i am sure your boy will be here to enjoy it with you. Are you getting him a little bow tie or anything?
Thank you xxx yep, preloved and ebay!!

I'm not sure..tbh I daren't think too much about it, but definately something, maybe a really special collar, handmade and embellished or something I think people might laugh at him in a bow tie and he wouldn't like that, my big proud Akita! LOL.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I am thrilled for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The dress is stunning, the centre pieces are quite eclectic, I love them, I love their size and what they are, If I was getting married I would buy them off you after your wedding!!! Xxxxxx
And the venue, gorgeous xxxxxxxx I know there are a few months to go yet but we will need to see lots of pics xxxxxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 08:20 AM
ps lots and lots and lots of healing and positive vibes of course for the special 'fur' man in your life xxxxxx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I am thrilled for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The dress is stunning, the centre pieces are quite eclectic, I love them, I love their size and what they are, If I was getting married I would buy them off you after your wedding!!! Xxxxxx
And the venue, gorgeous xxxxxxxx I know there are a few months to go yet but we will need to see lots of pics xxxxxx
Thank you! xx I'll be selling everything very cheap after the big day - note to all! Oo yes, there will be pics. His uncle is doing them, another money saver
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >