register for free

Dog News

Online Identity Theft - The latest dog con?

We’ve all heard stories of some dodgy breeders who tell inflated tales of amazing pedigrees but how about a male Poodle giving birth to imaginary puppies?

A litter of standard Poodle puppies, advertised on a seller’s website, caught the attention of a hopeful buyer from London. The seller required money up front and sent pictures of toy Poodle puppies. Suspicious, the buyer checked the pedigree of the ‘dam’ online to discover that the ‘dam’ was actually a prize-winning male standard Poodle and registered to a breeder in Denbighshire!

The prize-winning Poodle’s details were stolen by the con man after they were accidentally posted online. It is believed that the scammer (whose kennel address led to a graveyard in Glasgow) doesn’t actually have any puppies to sell but is hoping to con prospective owners into parting with their cash without actually seeing any dogs in the flesh. Pups from this Poodle can fetch up to £1000 each.

North Wales Police are still investigating the matter.

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Good job the buyer checked online to see first. I'm sure the story will help a few others not fall victim to the scam too.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Whatever next , what ppl wont do to make money ahhhhhhhhhhhhh .
Good post lucky star.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Some people have no conscience do they?
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:22 AM
scary!
that could have happened to me- due to how far away faith was, we only saw her on the day of picking up!
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry but serves people right. Doesn't matter how far you live if you want a pup off me I have to see you before the day of sale! I've had people travel from Portugal, Sweden and Ireland to view my dogs before having a puppy.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top