Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 04:50 PM

Neutered.

Just picked my Emma up from the vets after her being neutered. I felt so sad and guilty when i took her in this morning. Emma,s had three beautiful litters of pups and been such a natural and loving mum she has enjoyed her babies. We wouldn,t have bred from her again and have Alfie from her second litter now eighteen months and of course Denzel and Heidi from her most recent litter, now four months old. Emma is the sweetest little dog and takes everything in her stride she never complains, she is sleeping at the moment but every now and then she has a little moan. I,m sure though that we have done the right thing and in a couple of days when she is feeling a bit better i won,t feel so guilty.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
you know in your heart you have done the right thing Louie
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2005, 05:52 PM
I agree you did the right thing Louie, she'll be up on her feet tomorrow and your guilt will have vanished.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Awww poor you. But like the others have said, she'll be fine in no time
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Louie don't feel guilty, you have done what you thought best for you dog. Emma will now be able to enjoy the rests of her time without the problem of seasons or possibility of pyo. In a few days she will no doubt be back to her old self and your concerns will be forgotten
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-03-2005, 06:31 PM
You have done the right thing, mine have the max two litters and then are spayed automatically. Afterall like you i have sons around.It save a lot of hassle. :smt002
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
you have done the right thing she will soon be back to her normal self
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the reasurance and Emma is perkier today . Vet gave me one of the collars to stop Emma chewing at the stitches (there are only three and the cut is less than three inches long) she wouldn,t keep it on so i slept with her last night. She licked a bit but hasn,t chewed and the wound is very clean looking. Shes had some breakfast and some metacam and has turfed Tina off her beanbag so Tina is in Emma,s bed . When i put her out for a wee this morning she just went and sat on the grass for about 5 mins and was shaking and wimpering, i had to go outside and pick her up to bring her inside, her back legs and bottom were soaking so she must have weed while she was sitting on the grass. This was the first wee that she had had since yesterday morning. I,ve never seen her do this before so will it just be because she is feeling tender in that area
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 10:31 AM
i guess its different for different dogs? Honey was spayed last monday, due to have stiches removed tonight... she slept when i brought her home for 24 hours, and then was her complete normal self... tugging to be let off th lead. i finally relented on the weekend (tut tut, dont tell my vet) and she was running about like normal, and has been ever since.... dont think she noticed at all!

perhaps its differnt, when i female has already had pups? as honey has never had a litter...