View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Mmmm not ideal tumbleweed but would a piece of ducting shoved over both pieces work?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexipipe...FQWG7QodJ4MO6A
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Mmmm not ideal tumbleweed but would a piece of ducting shoved over both pieces work?
no don't think that would work
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey it is a secure sight to pay monies through to the solicitor. We do online shopping and banking also so these things do not overly worry us. We take the precautions advised. My eldest brother Michael will not do anything online regarding money he likes to go into the bank and pay mostly cash.

Micheal sounds a bit like me

I do 'on line' banking but only to monitor the account, when we moved here one guy who was doing some work asked me to set up an electronic payment, he gave me his business account and said it was easy, well I did do it but I didn't think it was that easy He's the only one.

I'm sure you are wise enough phone your solicitor if an e-mail suddenly appears in your inbox saying "We have changed our account number" signed by a name you are dealing with. Has happened thousands of times and people just send the money to the new account number given in the e-mail. Some people have transfered £100K and more, very worrying.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
no don't think that would work

Might not work for Barry but I had no idea Screwfix sold pipe like that, 110mm hmmmm that might fit on a piece of guttering I wanted to join, will let you know
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Poor old Casey is not liking this heat, yesterday I tried to get out early with him, it was already hotting up. As usual he was so excited at going out that he made a total mess of getting in the car and his back end collapsed so his front was in but rear legs hanging out I carefully lifted his back legs in and around so I could close the sliding door.

10 minutes latter when we were at the place I wanted to walk he was still not able to get out. He is normally raring to go and dives out as soon as I open the door. He did get out eventually but didn't go far.

He is also having these 'rapid breathing' spells, not the heat but something to do with his heart.

Have booked a visit to the vet for Thursday to see if there's anything we could give him to slow down his breathing.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Oh dear poor Casey, hope the vet can help him Harvey.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
I do hope Casey will be OK. Tyto has also been unsteady especially today but by this evening he was better so hopefully the cooler weather will help. Night night peeps catch up in the morning sometime. Old shed going at 7.30am
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2018, 01:59 AM
Oh no Harvey....I really hope Casey will be alright
Just been woken by the sound of a dog vomitting...nice! It's just been one of those days, got to Steve's and had used just eat for the first time...I booked 5.45 delivery to be given 6pm, food showed up at 6.20...no apologies, we ate our food which was mediocre at best only for me to realise Steve's naan was missing... called the restaurant who said"shall I send it out now"!! Errrrmmm yeah right we have ate the food, no refund just told next time I order I can have a naan for free. Then the bus home didn't come.. after 20mins I called to be told it was on the way but late as he had a problem with his doors, he arrived and it turns out there was a bus missing, he was actually on time but refused to pick us up, kicked an oap off and went to town....empty. My mum rung the bus company again and the lad in the office went mad as the driver was told to continue but operate the doors manually...he is getting called into the office today, Steve felt awful as he couldn't drive due to having 2 pints...my dad come and got me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2018, 02:02 AM
Oh yeah and I dropped curry sauce on my dress...managed to get that out but broke the washing line when pegging it out!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2018, 11:10 AM
got to Steve's and had used just eat for the first time...I booked 5.45 delivery to be given 6pm, food showed up at 6.20...no apologies, we ate our food which was mediocre at best only for me to realise Steve's naan was missing... called the restaurant who said"shall I send it out now"!!

There is no 'just eat' service where we live, sounds like that maybe a blessing

Heartfelt thanks to both you & Brenda re Casey, I'll post here tomorrow after the vet visit.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2