Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 04:02 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 4th August.

Good morning all, couldn't sleep so I thought I would get up and catch up on other things.

I hope you are all well and your four legged friends too.

Lynn, I think you will make that very homely and as you get older you will find twee is just what you need. I think a nice new conservatory on the back too will be a blessing and make all the difference. It really is a lovely bungalow. Ok so you need to put your stamp on it, but once it is done then you will feel really settled. I am sure Dillon will love the garden too, I do! I think it is great.

Harvey, thanks for you comments on Freeview, useful, what do you use for internet? I assume you have to pay for that is there a cheaper way of doing it and more reliable? What I do not like about Virgin is their out of the country back up when you have a problem. The local folk on there are all very pleasant and helpful. After I have my V+ box changed next Tuesday, I am going to speak to them locally about their charges. I have just given them a very poor review re my recent problems, although admitting that their local staff are always helpful if and when you can get hold of them.
Hope Casey is holding up in this hot weather.

Griff, you seem to have had a breakthrough with Steve, getting him trained. Hope Deags is ok.

Chris, hope your OH is much better now and also Gary is back to normal. Hope you get his new clock sorted, always something isn't there.

Kazz, hope you are well.

Have a good day all and stay cool, if you are affected by this heat. Take care, and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Lynn the bungalow looks very good. Hope you find it your forever home. Too hot again already this morning so have been out and now no more until very late this evening. This weather is giving me a very strange head. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Hope you manage a rest later today Moyra to make up for your lack of sleep.

Yes Brenda another hot one.

Out early with Teazle and now washing my sleeves jacket. Have to wear it as pockets in jeans not big enough for keys, phone, poo bags and treats. Why cant they make women's trousers with bigger pockets.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue and and all to follow.

Bit cooler here at the moment but no doubt it will get hotter.
Bad night here I had a poorly tummy early hours and Gorden was sick through the night. Good job we had nothing planned for today.
I have wiped down all door handles bannisters, rails anything we touch basically. I have loads of those anti bac wipes so they can just be thrown away and any cloths I might use have been chicked to will pop out and replace them later.
All feeling better this morning thank goodness not sure if it was a bug or the heat. Certainly not food related being paranoid I checked the labels on food we ate last night and all well within date.
One of those things.

Thank you all for the lovely comments about the bungalow funny how many compromises we have made on this one. Garden bigger than most we have seen except for the one we were used as a bargaining tool for. Bungalow itself much smaller and wondering how I am going to fit bits in but with the money to be able to put a conservatory on and possibly french doors out of the bedroom into the garden it will definitely work just not straight away.
At least it will be clean and in good decorative order so that's a huge plus seeings as some we have seen have been utterly disgraceful. As you all know from my rants.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Lynn

At last you have found somewhere and it looks a nice place as well. You have been looking for long enough and now that part of moving is over. next stage is all that horrible paperwork with solicitors etc who do not hurry on anything and have to be sit on to get things moving.

Don't know if this is any help

to give some idea of cost of a conservatory, at least around here, like ours, built from the ground up we were told would cost in the region of £25,000. obviously this is just a ball park figure which depends on where you are and size. It may give you some idea at least.

This was with he house when we bought it, we just updated it from the dwarf wall up which has power points on both sides of the garden doors
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, thanks for you comments on Freeview, useful, what do you use for internet? I assume you have to pay for that is there a cheaper way of doing it and more reliable?

Hello Moyra Yes we do have to pay for the internet, we use BT and I found out you can get a decent discount on th eline rentalif you pay one year in advance.

BT have a weird way of billing:-
a) £42.99 for Broadband and calls
b) Less £18.99 because 1year line rental paid in advance
c) So monthly bill is £24.00

d) We have the unlimited 'anytime' calls Add-On which is £7.50 so unless I make any calls to mobiles (Which I try like crazy not to do ) we pay £31.50 per month.

Plus the annual line rental cost of course.

I can just about accept £31.50 and maybe BT are not the cheapest but in their favour I should say they have finally realised that having some guy in India reading from a script and with no idea of how to talk proper English was not doing them any favours and I do believe that all their customer service people are based in England now (Or maybe Scotland but I can live with that )
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Hope you manage a rest later today Moyra to make up for your lack of sleep.

Yes Brenda another hot one.

Out early with Teazle and now washing my sleeves jacket. Have to wear it as pockets in jeans not big enough for keys, phone, poo bags and treats. Why cant they make women's trousers with bigger pockets.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
I buy combat sort of trousers whenever I see them last I think were from "cotton traders" on offer. Light as well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 03:20 PM

My mum isn't keen...I am knackered! Only done the inside of a panel, it's so damn fiddley
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Thanks Harvey, I spent most of the day trying to cancel the changeover of my V+ box from Virgin. The guy told me it would not change anything or cost me to exchange it for the new one. Today I get an e-mail saying thank you for agreeing to the change over. It will cost £20 to install and a further £10 a month. I nearly choked on it. Near as damn it £95 per month. So it has taken me all day to try to cancel the change over, still had to go through bloody India or somewhere abroad and it has wound me up no end today! I shall try to sign up with BT on Monday for internet and find out about Freeview boxes. Should have done it a long time ago!

Nice colour paint Griff. Hope Deags is ok!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2018, 05:56 PM
If I have missed anything important today while I have been strung up with Virgin forgive me. I just hope you are all ok. Lynn, pleased you have finally got sorted with a new abode. Take care everyone, Goodnight all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >