Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 07:33 AM

Dogsey Daily chatter Tuesday 24th July 2018

Good Morning, 'Why did the dog owner and dog cross the road'? To get to the shady side of the street. bg!! Hope all are well this morning and that Kota is doing well. They say it is going to get very hot by Friday so how do you keep your house cool? I have one of these stupid glass doors for a front door. It was here when we moved in so have hung a curtain over it but of course part of it I can't cover or we wouldn't be able to get in so have hung a t.towel over that bit to stop the glare. Wonder how long that will stay there? Sticky tape not like it used to be.bg!! Anyway let us all know what you do.I do have a floor fan and ceiling fan. Also pull curtains as the sun goes round but sometimes the curtains aren't enough to keep the heat out when it is in full glare. Have a good day peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.

brenda I have a curtain hung up outside on a rail covering the big window on the conservatory. A curtain on my back door we keep the hall closed off till sun has moved then open it as the hall gets cool by the evening.
We also have brought out the sort of air conditioning unit. You put water in a tank and frozen ice blocks and ice cubes to if you want so we have that going and a normal floor fan in the living room and put a floor fan in the kitchen to. Especially if we go out and pull all curtains. Yesterday we came back melting but the house although saying 25 in here it was so cool.
Soon as we left the back door open it started to get hot. 27 by 9.30 at 10.30 we were sitting in the garden. We both fell asleep on the sofas later Gorden went up to bed about 2.30 i continued to sleep on the sofa with all back doors open.
Only one viewing today unless the woman's daughter goes into labour then we will not be going till it can rearranged. 1 viewing tomorrow had an offer on the one we are viewing tomorrow but it was rejected. Bit like russian roulette this game.
If nothing then we are throwing in the towel will take a break away in the van when the weather cools down then come back and do some serious rejigging of this house and garden.

griff hope Kota is doing well today and you too of course.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

Just remembered something years ago when I was a child people some not all use to hang a curtain not the indoor kind lighter material on the outside of their front door cream background if I remember with a green and yellow stripe. Then leave their door open if home of course. I remember the headmistresses of my infant school having one Miss Pickett and Miss May. Alway fascinated me as a child when mum use to stop for a chat with them on our way to the town.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Good luck with the viewing Lynn

Hope Kota is being good Griff

Another hot day forecast. Have cleaned all the downstairs windows outside before the sun hits them. I have the back door open, lounge windows and conservatory windows plus the conservatory door open and so far that works with a nice cool breeze blowing through. I am luckily that the front of the house is north facing so no sun comes in the windows. The back gets the full blast from midday on.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone, I am afraid this weather is getting to me and making me feel so drained. Too hot to sleep at night and Steve is finding it incredibly difficult to keep the temperature down in his fish tanks.

Amber is flagged out too, bless her. Hope all the other four legged friends are coping in this heat.

Good luck viewing Lynn.

Hope Kato is ok Griff and Tyto, Dillon, Casey, Teasle et al.

Have a good day, stay cool , safe and above all well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Afternoon everyone.
I think most people are struggling Moyra thing is we are not eased in gently from one season t the next anymore it's all or nothing.
We can't cope with that especially as we get older. Dillon seems to be coping quite well under the circumstances.

Turned up to the bungalow had a check outside good roof and gutters kerb appeal a lot to be desired in as much as neglect but nothing that cannot be easily fixed. Felt right at home driving down the cul-de-sac. We had been warned she may not make the appointment due to her daughter going into labour and after a while we rang the agent who said he would her track her down.
Few hours later agent got back to us. Yes her daughter did go into labour and she didn't ring them to let them know to let us know she wouldn't able to make it. She now says due to all this she is not sure how soon she can accommodate us for a viewing. This is all being done through an online agent. Apparently she does need to sell and as soon as.
I explained our situation and he is going to see what he can do. So fingers crossed.
Have to ring agent about the one booked for tomorrow bet that's had an offer.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Afternoon all, Kota is eerrrrr back to normal lol, she has been rolling in the bark chips with me shouting Oi no!!!
At night I have the dogs on their cool beds, and a fan going, sometimes I wet Dakota before she goes in her crate but obviously with stitches that's not a possibility. In the living room we just pull the curtains
Hope the viewing has gone well
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Hm thoughts: if Kota rolls in bark chippings she hasn't got a bit stuck in her gland has she? Been warm here and they say warmer tomorrow. So it will be a wamr one walking up to the restaurant at lunch time but nice when we get there. Only takes five minutes. Tyto will stay behind minding the house. Much to his disgust. Going with my friend Margaret who I have known for years and years. Have a good rest of afternoon peeps. I think I have finally got my car insurance sorted out. Yeh!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Nope Brenda... nothing stuck in there...did think that myself, they also looked in her mouth just in case
Pleased you got your insurance sorted
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Evening all

Finished work at 12; liking these 6 hour days. popped into sainsburys and asda for a bit of shopping then home checked on Mom and Gert both fat asleep in the living room fan in action they had been outside till 11.30ish apparently hen came in. Did cup coffee and a little lunch for mom changed Gerts water dishes for fresh then off to Aunts.

TOnce there I changed bedding, put it into wash, put shopping away, vaccumed the flat, checked fridge freezer (some out date and gone a bit off to me binned), polished what was needed, mopped kitchen floor, drain clearer into kitchen sink, washing popped in tumble dryer....did some ironing, checked what was needed for next shop/running low etc. (as my Aunts idea of shopping is cakes, ice cream, biscuits and crisps...LOL) then tumble dryer emptied folded and home.......

Now cooking dinner and got to sort out back bedroom as having a new window fitted tomorrow should of been today but the company rang yesterday to say the fitters mother in law had died in the back garden = so rearranging the work.

Hope you all have had a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Wow Kazz what a busy day.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >