Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread Monday 13th February

Good morning everyone

Hope you don't have a hangover today Griff.

Another early start and off to the station. Son hopes it is just today and that he can work from home for the rest of the week. Dry but cold out there when I let Teazle out.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow.

Harvey, no I don't miss having to turn out to the sheep and horses early in the mornings in winter. There was so much to do, sort out their food and water and then feed all the chicken and ducks, rabbits etc. Yes it was quite a performance all to be done before going into the office to work. Now it is just Amber I have to worry about thankfully.

I hope everyone is ok, Sue you must be really cross about your sons place, I hope they get done in time.

June, good luck with Zens test. I hope all has been quiet on the home front.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Morning Sue , Moyra and all who follow.
Sun is out hope it starts to dry the ground and we see less rain and sleet from now on. Our garden is mud.

Sue so disappointing about sons flat and annoying to who is going to kick them up the bum ? Maybe both of you ?
griff hope the head isn't to sore today.
Hope things are settling down for you June and good luck with Zens test.
Harvey hoping OH is on the mend and your back is feeling better.

Mark just left he is still working over at Harlow for now at his friends. Gorden and I will be waiting for a call hopefully to say the car is done sometime today. Quicker we get the call the less money it costs.
Also we need some magnets as Gorden has given up with the hinges for the cupboard which covers the electricity muddle in the hall. It will now be a lift away door so the meter can be read.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Afternoon...no hangover here lol, never meant to get drunk but there we go...that's dads for you lol.
Sue, thanks so much for the info, mum will read it when she gets in. Give the builders hell
Hi Moyra, I quite fancy a little billy goat...they are soooo cute
Lynn, hope you get the cupboard sorted, annoying when things become a faff
Been and got my mums bits for her...came home, quick coffee and went to book Dakota in at the vet to get her eye looked at Monday
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Griff, our billy goat was a stinker! He chewed everything.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Glad the head isn't sore griff.
What is wrong with Dakota's eye nothing serious I hope.

Just had a bit of a faff with the agent who orders our oil they have on my records that the company that gets the order must contact me day before delivery so I can make sure Dillon is in. If he got on that road it would be carnage. Only twice have I had that courtesy. I rang the actual supplier they text well unless I stand down the bottom of the garden permanently or am out I am lucky if I can get a signal.
So as usual one blaming the other anyway agent updated details yet again that supplier must notify them and they will email me delivery date.
Forgot to say also Mark waited 45 minutes to hand his forms in taking him off the Harlow council list last week. He got a call the next day saying he had no connection now he is living in Norfolk. So he mentioned he had a son. Joel doesn't count due to him living with his mother and being in their eyes adequately housed. Mark asked the question what would be a connection then ? The connection would be a job, mother and father or siblings how do we rank above his own child ?
If we still lived in Harlow I know for a fact they would not consider re -housing him due to him being adequately housed.
So another organisation passing the buck.
What a bl**dy mess everything is.
Apart from those frustrating incidents all ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Dakota has a small growth on her lower lid that is rubbing her eye...she has no irritation from it but the vet says best it be removed
I really don't know what to say with regards the council...fair play to him for being in his sons life and that's what he gets for trying to be a good dad
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Hi all,
Me & Lauryn have been to the gym, getting fitter
My sister in law has gone into labour so my little nephew should be here soon
So hopefully by the time I finish work I may have some news
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Ooooo exciting Mandy...fingers crossed ��
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Hoping that you are an aunt by now Mandy.
Got the girls out a bit earlier than usual as I think it is half term, not quite sure really as not a lot of kids about or anything, but have seen some.
Cariad is at the vets at 4.50 today. She has had a lump on her side for a while, and I thought it was like Lona's lump that she's had for years thats never changed and vet is fine with it, otherwise she would have had it done when she had her op. Well this one on Cariad first of all looked like a wart, then it changed, I was bathing it with boiled salt water as it was inflamed, then one morning it had burst and there was a hole there, so kept up the bathing, but it feels hard and isn't improving so think she needs AB's. I don't want to take any risks with her at her age, she is fine in herself, poo's are good and she is eating well. Think its best she's sees the vet though as if it was going to improve it would have done by now, have given it the weekend and when I bathed it this lunchtime (she just lies flat on the kitchen floor chewing a bone thats how bothered she is about it) I rang the vet and they think they should see her as well.
Griff glad your head is still on your shoulders, I can't take drink at all, I thought you'd be comatose today!
Lynn, it never gets better does it.Surely the driver can give you a ring on the landline, won't hurt him will it. Mark is probably ready to wring someone's neck by now, I would be.
Sue those builders want a good kick up the backside, hoping withholding payment till it is sorted may work for you
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >