Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-01-2010, 05:06 PM

Skinny Bitch

Thought that would get your attention

Anyway it's a book - but I'm putting it here because it's more about health.

I'm reading the male version at the moment, aptly named skinny bastard and while I am still on the intro, I like it a lot!! It's the kick up the backside most people need where food is concerned. Here's a few snips from it (the men's version), although if strong language isn't your thing you may want to skip it!

Whenever you see the words 'fat-free' or 'low-fat,' think of the words 'chemical shit storm.' Read the ingredients.
When methyl alcohol, a component of aspartame, enters your body, it turns into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is toxic and carcinogenic (cancer-causing). Laboratory scientists use formaldehyde as a disinfectant or preservative. They don't fucking drink it.
Are you a pill popper? ....

If your nose is running, your body is trying to rid itself of something through your snot. But you, drama queen, take cold medicine to stop your runny nose. Now you've gone and ****ed up everything. Medicine is made of chemicals. Never mind that the Food and Drug dministration gives meds their stamp of approval. They also allow the use of aspartame. Use your own damn brain.
Check it out it's only £4.92 !! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinny-Bitch.../ref=pd_cp_b_1
T0xic
New Member!
Female 

29-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Just from the quotes you've used I know this book is for me I love the writing style! I'm off to Amazon right now! lol x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Those quotes are from the men's version of the book - not sure they're in the women's version mind but I hear the books are meant to be very similar
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Sadly, I know all about Aspartame, being a diabetic and having little choice in the matter if I want something sweet.

Looks like a good book. Azz
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Love the bit about colds and taking loads of drugs! My OH does that at the first sign on a cold but i'll put off taking meds until absolutely necessary!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 12:18 PM
They sound a bit American to me..... and having lived there I know they can be a wee bit freaky about their food, to the point of obsessed.
I know about aspartame, but it doesn't bother me, that style of writing does like to hype things up a bit though and that's not what I want.

I also wonder why it's called Skinny Bitch, when being skinny isn't good.
I know what is good to put in my body, but it doesn't mean I spend my life worrying about it if I don't.
The stress some people might get from reading that book..... or even worrying about being 'skinny' would undo any good done by the healthy eating.

Everything in moderation
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Azz ha ha read this then :
"The fact that aspartame fattens people is generally well known. We have all seen the post cards and comics that depict an overweight person with a Diet Coke in one hand while reaching for a bowl of corn chips with the other hand. The reason aspartame so strikingly stimulates the appetite is it provides over half of its content in a form of a phenylalanine isolate.
Arsenic is routinely included in chicken food when the chickens are being raised for meat production because it poisons the metabolism and the chickens don't burn off the calories, they turn it into fat, and thus they produce rapid weight gain for the farmer.http://www.rense.com/general3/asper.htm
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm on chapter 6 now and it is amazing. I love this book and so far, its covered everything I already know/believe (pretty much from my detox that I did 10 years ago).

One thing it covers that I wasn't 'so clued up' about - is how animals are treated in the farm industry. I knew it was bad, just not that bad. And I also knew all the crap they're given (such as growth hormones/routine antibiotics etc) but this book uncovers a lot more! Like you said GUISEPPE, arsenic!!!!

Did you know chickens beaks are sliced off so that they can't peck each other to death when in cramped conditions - far fetched? Well I googled it and found videos of it being done. With machines that were obviously made for the job.

It might just tip me over to becoming a Vegan - something I was only considering last week (it's how I found this book actually, as I searched for related items in Amazon and this was one of the top sellers).
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Dont like the language from the quotes posted, dont think its for me.