View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Very well said Forgotten! Even raw it stinks but its a fantastic complete food for all dogs .. my daughter's chihuahuas love it!
SirRiley
New Member!
Female 

31-01-2018, 11:09 PM
I am a little late to this thread, but I would advice against just feeding chicken breasts. Especially if he seems to be sensitive to chicken based foods. Chicken is very low in nutrients and a diet containing only chicken will not be enough. Raw feeding takes a lot of research and feeding only chicken is not healthy.

What brands of food did you try? Many lower quality brands have fillers and meat by products that dogs react poorly to.

Your dog looks great! You can't see his ribs, he looks very fit and healthy from the pictures. If you want more weight on him bulking him up a bit probably wouldn't hurt, but be sure you can still easily feel his ribs or else he is overweight.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2018, 07:21 AM
Raw feeding is more commonsense than anything else. You do need to read up about it, but I disagree with your negative comment! I read one book ... Billinghurst's 'give your dog a bone'. I strongly recommend the raw food diet to the OP ... but I do agree with you about chicken not being the only meat one should feed. My dogs only have raw chicken wings and carcase as a treat or snack, not their main meal.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Mine have some chicken every day to supply the bone content of their meal, other than that they get a huge variety of meats such as beef, lamb, venison, liver and heart as well as tripe etc. plus fish of course. Once in a routine it's an absolute doddle. If you feel you can't manage raw and many feel they can't, you can of course cook but cooking diminishes the nutrients.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2018, 05:19 AM
Have you tried anything other than chicken? If he has issues with chicken then don't feed that.

Have you been to the vet?

He looks a little thin.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Looking at his head size in relation to his body, I say he is definitely too thin. Agree with the others about removing chicken from his diet. He doesn't NEED raw to be healthy. He NEEDS to be able to digest his food properly. You'll just need to find something that works. A dog with constant bouts of diarrhea isn't getting what he needs from his food, which would explain why he's thin.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2