Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-11-2008, 01:59 PM

nice couple i met last night :p

I was walking the dogs last night and saw this couple with 2 border terriers. I heard the woman say to the man “watch there is a Ned with a pit bull” then as we got closer she said “oh my god they both have muzzles on they must be aggressive”. (Fido has a muzzle but Sophie has a halti)

So as we get closer and start to go past them. one of the dogs starts lunging at Fido (Fido was just looking at me thinking if I’m good here I get the bit chicken that’s in his pocket and he didn’t even look at the other dog) so I turned to the guy and said “you should think about putting a muzzle on her” he said “well HE is male and is only barking because your dog is aggressive” I said “not the dog. Your wife she has a mouth that could get her in trouble” gave him a cheeky smile and walked on.
I heard her say something like Neds should not be allowed to own a dog as they marched away.

Then about 5min later I bumped in to a woman who has a rescued bc and she said she had to pull the 2 dogs off her dog and the couple said that it was her dogs fault even though the 2 dogs ran the length of 2 football pitches to get to the bc.

I am still upset they thought I was a Ned lol
I didn’t know Neds ran round in hill walking boots, combat trousers and a hill walking style jacket.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:04 PM
sounds like they're the Non Educated Delinquents if you ask me - certainly they seemed to have no manners.

I do think it is sad though when a muzzled dog raises such fear in people; really they should be comforted.

There are many reasons why a dog may be wearing a muzzle (e.g. rubbish-eaters) but even if it is from aggression, the owner is being responsible.

PS I loved your retort to them
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:06 PM
What is a Ned? A scottish Pikey?

Unfortunately a lot of small dog owners think their dogs are angels and it is the larger breeds that are at fault.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:08 PM
These kind of stories make me really angry!

Who do they think they are to judge like that. I don't care if you're a "ned" or not, who's to say you're a bad one. I would consider you responsible for having the right restraint on your dogs and would have judged you from that alone.

Morons! Well done you for sticking up for your pups (and yourself).
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
What is a Ned? A scottish Pikey?
Ned (Non Educated Deliquent) = Chav
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Ned (Non Educated Deliquent) = Chav
A Pikey then.....How nice of them to call you that and like you said, i dont think A Ned would be wearing walking gear, unless it was Burberry
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
A Pikey then:
I thought a pikey was a traveller?

(Sorry Monosyllabic for going off topic on your thread)
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Never heard of a NED either.

I think some small dog owners are so biased when its their little dogs that cause the problems - not the biggies!

Well done for telling them what for - shame the poor BC got hit upon though.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 02:29 PM
They sound a charming couple! How nice to know there are such judgemental people loose in the countryside!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >