View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 10:57 PM
I'd definitely say they were sick, I can't see them letting you take them out of school for a dog show.
Unless of cause it's a Friday or Monday, then you could say you were going away for a long weekend, then if one of the kids slip up at least you can say you were at a show while you were away

Mitch
pete
Almost a Veteran

11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
maybe up front and honest about it ,kids education is more important .as also is dicipline and routine if they know they cant skip school for somethin they like then all the better .beleive me i was first to skip school for fun and it got me no were.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
she could say wen she leaves school she wants to be a proffesional handler and get paid loads ov money for going bis at crufts..there fore its a work experience day off school lol...id book hols ...rather than sicky... that way your not teaching kids to lie...even tho its just a little lie...
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm very lucky...the kids all love school and work very hard.They are all very level headed and good students.
I really would like to put in a request form but I know if its refused then I'm stuck! I think as far as my daughter is concerned this IS part of her education as I am sure dogs will be her career in one form or another .She struggles academically because she has severe hearing loss and will be lucky to get any qualifications from school.However she is very gifted with dogs and would love to be able to work with them when she leaves school.
Nikki
jayne
Dogsey Senior

11-12-2004, 11:16 PM
...great....you will have to let us know what day your at crufts...then if were there same day we cud cum and show her support in jun hand comp...
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 11:21 PM
We'll be there on the same day I think...Thusday!
She doesn't do the JH...she handles in the breed classes for me.She used to do JH but decided she prefered 'the real thing'...found she prefered the attention to be on the dogs rather than on her!
The look on her face when she wins a good class is amazing....so if she managed to get a place at Crufts I think her grin would be that wide she'd swallow her ears! LOL
Nikki
jayne
Dogsey Senior

11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
well ill have my fingers crossed for her.... how old is she.... do you find judges knock her sometimes being a junior...i see this happen and think its so unfair...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 11:32 PM
they are allowed 5 authorised days per school year .... i would be honest it would be ok ......
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Jayne
shes 11.I would say there has been a couple of occasions she has been knocked for her age...one was quite recently where several people said while she was in the ring that my boy should walk the class and they were thrown out.....but there you go ...thats life I suppose.
My boys show so much better for her than for me and one won't show for me at all so I don't really have a choice
Nikki
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Id book the holiday but just say they are in a competition and leave it at that
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >