catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
what a beautiful Boy he was
and how lucky, that your dad rethought his first decision

and he got 19!?! WOW!!! what a proude age, especially for a dog of his shape
Funny you should say that because when mum and dad moved back to Wales Dewi was already a senior and their new vet was really impressed with him. He kept enthusing about his teeth and wonderful health, asking what they fed him on and said 'these are the sort of dogs that go on forever, a really healthy mongrel'

Out of interest he was fed on FROMM GOLD kibble..as was my dog before him you lived to 20! Tonks was on it but it seems she is allergic to chicken so is now on Wafcol Salmon and potato and her skin issues have started to clear up quite a bit. She has to stay on Atopica to control the dust and storage mite allergy but has completely come off her antihistamines and we are now going to trial reducing her low dose of steroid to every three days. Remus is on puppy FROMM and is doing really well on it. We got him weighed yesterday and he has gained a stone in the few months we've had him....all of it in height and length probably!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:44 AM
What a handsome lad he was and what a fantastic forever home you gave him.

Lovely, lovely photos of him - I too don't have many digitally stored photos of my last little dog.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Dewi was such a handsome boy - and what an incredibly wonderful age to get to after such an unfortunate beginning. xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Thank you everyone.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Aww, what a good looking fella. Thanks for posting the rest of his pics. I wish my boy had made it to 18, but sadly I lost him at 15 earlier this year.

I checked out Fromm dog food and at $53.00 for a 33 pound bag plus tons of shipping costs (I'd have to order it), there is no way I could afford to feed it to my dogs.

I could probably afford to feed it to only one of them, but I can't do that, now can I? Wafcol is only a UK distributed brand, so I know nothing about it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Why would you have to pay shipping Myra? It's an American brand I think. Over here we have to get it via agents.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Why would you have to pay shipping Myra? It's an American brand I think. Over here we have to get it via agents.
The closest place to me that sells it is like 70 miles away. I don't even have good transportation from A to B locally. There is NO way I could drive and get it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
The closest place to me that sells it is like 70 miles away. I don't even have good transportation from A to B locally. There is NO way I could drive and get it. Make no mistake, even without shipping, there is no way I could truly afford to feed that. Paying almost 60 bucks for a bag of dog food is ridiculous.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:12 PM
6.75kg puppy food cost us under £20 I think, but we are lucky because a friend of mine who runs the dog training classes I used to work for gives me a friends and family discount.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >