View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Agility club around kingston/wimbledon/new malden in London?

Im hoping somebody here can help me find a good agility club in London (preferably around the areas in the title but willing to travel for the right club!) for a total beginner and her total beginner dog XD

Ive googled it but you never really know until you get there how good clubs and their trainers are, so if anybody here is in a good club in London then I would love to hear about it.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Perhaps try the agilitynet website?
Was it competition standard agility you're interested in or for fun? A few members in the area go to the Capable Canines agility classes but it's not competition standard (I think some members do go on to compete though), there's a few venues around the Richmond/Kingston area I think
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Good idea, Ill do that now Thank you
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi again!

I take Cain to Capable Canines. It's near Ham, just outside Richmond Park. Sosha on here also takes her little lad Buster.

It's a good fun class, very friendly and Dave is a brilliant trainer Can't recommend them enough. Dave aims to train to competition standard but just for fun, so basically we take care to teach the dogs properly but not many people actually compete and it's a laid back environment.

Come join us!
http://www.capablecanines2002.com/

p.s. this has nothing to do with the fact I've never seen a Xolo before and I'm curious...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Just to add, Dave runs a 6 week beginner course which you must attend all of the classes. After that you move up to intermediate and finally advanced. Intermediate and advanced are a drop in/come as you like.

The website says that the beginner course starting in July is nearly full. If you wanted to come but miss that slot, the next run isn't until September. Then September will probably be the last run before winter (beginner classes stop over winter as the bad weather means some classes get cancelled and it's too disruptive to the course. Intermediate/advance drop in classes tend to keep running through most of winter, so might be a good idea to try and get in while the weather is good!)

ETA: There's one more course listed for October, but it's probably not a great time to start.
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:30 PM
thank you ery much for the pointer im going to have a look at the website now ^^ we really will be TOTAL novices though!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Pachesham in Leatherhead?

That said i only know they have agility on site, all my involvement there has been equine!
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi, I have just started beginner agility.

I have never done it before, i take both my dogs, and they both really enjoy it

Its in Reigate, is that too far?
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
i didnt realise id had more responses to this thread! do these clubs have websites so i could have a look?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Pachesham in Leatherhead?

That said i only know they have agility on site, all my involvement there has been equine!
They are excellent. Known them for years.

rune